Is there any free or paid medical advice on psychological problems online?

kenny1999

Recently I am experiencing serious psychological problems that I feel so stressed. I have talked to volunteers on the phone for reliefs, but my condition (primarily negative thoughts but not suicidal) persists. Is there any free or paid medical help or other recommended resources on psychological problems that can be conducted online? I have joined a discussion board but there are just too many threads, and too many people starting their own threads, but hardly anyone there giving any reply. It's just like a pin board in college that most people won't read, some may read, but then go, there is no discussion.

19 minutes ago, kenny1999 said:

Recently I am experiencing serious psychological problems that I feel so stressed.

Sometimes realizing you're not alone in your feelings can remove some stress, and for that a forum can help. Other times it might be better to speak one on one with a professional, preferably someone recommended by your doctor.

27 minutes ago, kenny1999 said:

I have talked to volunteers on the phone for reliefs, but my condition (primarily negative thoughts but not suicidal) persists.

I can't help you. I don't think of negative thoughts as a "condition"; I think of them as a perspective, which is one of the few things in my life I can control. Negativity is an easier path, and often seems more realistic than being positive. It takes more work to stay positive, to think positively, and to spin events so they uplift me rather than depress me. It's hard, but the negativity is a bad habit I'm trying to kick, like nail-biting or smoking. 

36 minutes ago, kenny1999 said:

I have joined a discussion board but there are just too many threads, and too many people starting their own threads, but hardly anyone there giving any reply. It's just like a pin board in college that most people won't read, some may read, but then go, there is no discussion.

So, negative results, time to try something else. Maybe see a professional face-to-face.

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder what forums you have tried? There is one associated with the "Mayo Clinic" system. It's free, and although I can't promise you will get a response, there are people on there (mostly retired people) who act as volunteers on the site, although no one there is a professional. They only share from personal experience.