Idea "Wireless new dimension"

Skyscrapers

Idea of making a wireless connection that is limited in range.

There are standard wireless connections that cover the entire country. This means that two people in USA who are connected to those wireless connections can talk with each other, and the two people pay money for that.

My idea is to make a free wireless that covers only smaller regions, for example all roads in USA, people who are connected on that wireless connection can only talk with each other and only on roads in USA, and not with other people who are connected to other wireless connections and who are not on roads in USA.

Just now, Bufofrog said:

How in the world could this be free and It seems like a useless idea.  If I'm driving along I can only talk to other drivers?  This idea doesn't make any sense to me.

I think it is ideal for USA that internet and telephone outside their borders should be charged according to the duration of the call and the mileage of the call. Within the borders of the country only the duration of the call. 

Roads are just an example for an idea.

2 hours ago, Skyscrapers said:

think it is ideal for USA that internet and telephone outside their borders should be charged according to the duration of the call and the mileage of the call. Within the borders of the country only the duration of the call. 

Roads are just an example for an idea.

So it's not free after all.

First, you clearly have no clue how the Internet works.

Second, you clearly have no clue how a wireless connection works.

Third, you clearly have no clue how a cellphone connection works.

WiFi has a maximum range of about max 150 meters (in an area free of buildings), usually the receiver is less than 20 meters from the device connected to it.

My the maximum WiFi range was 100 meters just because I used special directional antenna.

In the city, the mobile network cellsite is only a few hundred meters from the user.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cell_site

16 hours ago, Skyscrapers said:

Idea of making a wireless connection that is limited in range.

This is a built-in "feature".. You have a connection up to a few hundred meters maximum (if you use WiFi, 2G, 3G, 4G, 5G)..

People turn on lower power on their WiFi router to reduce the risk of long-distance intrusion by hackers.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wireless_router

My idea is to make a free wireless that covers only smaller regions, for example all roads in USA, people who are connected on that wireless connection can only talk with each other and only on roads in USA, and not with other people who are connected to other wireless connections and who are not on roads in USA.

Your idea can be summed up simply: bizarre nonsense..

I think it is ideal for USA that internet and telephone outside their borders should be charged according to the duration of the call and the mileage of the call.

Science Forums servers are located in the UK..

From New York to London there is ~ 5600 km.

Within the borders of the country only the duration of the call. 

..you should pay for every single (silly) post on Science Forums..

I think it is ideal for USA that internet and telephone outside their borders should be charged according to the duration of the call and the mileage of the call.

..every time you go to any random website, you have no idea where the servers are, and to which the website connects to, without your permission, are located.. they can collect data from all continents..

Just now, Sensei said:

Science Forums servers are located in the UK..

From New York to London there is ~ 5600 km.

..you should pay for every single (silly) post on Science Forums..

..every time you go to any random website, you have no idea where the servers are, and to which the website connects to, without your permission, are located.. they can collect data from all continents..

It is your opinion that a conversation over a distance of 10 miles and a conversation over a distance of 10,000 miles should be valued equally.

It is my opinion that a conversation over a distance of 10 miles and a conversation over a distance of 10,000 miles should not be valued equally, and that people in the world cannot live and function normally with the current way of calculating telephone and internet costs.

IF ANYONE KNOWS SOMEONE WHO CAN CHANGE THE CURRENT WAY OF CALCULATING INTERNET AND PHONE COSTS, PLEASE EXPLAIN THE IDEA TO THEM.

32 minutes ago, Skyscrapers said:

It is your opinion that a conversation over a distance of 10 miles and a conversation over a distance of 10,000 miles should be valued equally.

It is my opinion that a conversation over a distance of 10 miles and a conversation over a distance of 10,000 miles should not be valued equally, and that people in the world cannot live and function normally with the current way of calculating telephone and internet costs.

IF ANYONE KNOWS SOMEONE WHO CAN CHANGE THE CURRENT WAY OF CALCULATING INTERNET AND PHONE COSTS, PLEASE EXPLAIN THE IDEA TO THEM.

Did you mean that the Internet should not exist?

That's what you say, but you use different words.

Just now, Sensei said:

Did you mean that the Internet should not exist?

That's what you say, but you use different words.

I didnt mean that the internet should not exist, i mean the wrong way of calculating telephone and internet costs should not exist.

1 hour ago, Skyscrapers said:

You’re free to start up a company with this business model. A lot of people make long-distance calls, and a lot of people have cell phones who don’t get charged for long-distance, so good luck with that.

Long-distance surcharges made sense when the infrastructure was more cumbersome (copper connections, operators), but that’s not so much the case anymore.

2 hours ago, Skyscrapers said:

I didnt mean that the internet should not exist, i mean the wrong way of calculating telephone and internet costs should not exist.

I told you that a single website is built from dozens or hundreds of requests that are all over the world. You click on www.xyz.com, but it could be data from all continents. You have no control over that. The authors of these sites have no control over it.

The Internet (WWW) does not exist without the ability to connect to any data via TCP/IP at the same cost as locally.

The location of the server (and thus the distance to it) is irrelevant. You, as the customer, connect only to the nearest cell site (if you use 2G, 3G, 4G, 5G).

The ISP (Internet Service Provider) does not have the ability to warn the user before making a long-distance connection to a server on the opposite side of the globe.

You would have more warnings per second than you are able to read them all.. ;)

The whole idea is childish and stupid and only shows a lack of understanding of how things work.

Edited by Sensei