Reintroduction of Quantum Field Theory into modern science

RossJ

Utilizing modern discoveries in physics I would like to reintroduce modern science to the framework that we have recently completely avoided and that being Quantum Field Theory. Although rather than identifying these objects as field, rather identifying them as a higher dimensional state.

An example of the concept is the stability of a neutron and proton inside of the nucleus of an atom. Without somehow being independent of time the neutron and proton should experience entropy. This is due to the second law of thermodynamics referring to all objects in a system will go towards disorder. But time would need to interact for them to go towards disorder so the stability of these particles could be due to their isolation in time. This would mean that the strong nuclear force is so powerful that it is capable of isolating the effects of time. My only hypothetical pathway for this to occur would be that the tiny particles manage to pack themselves together so tightly that they create a singularity in space time. This could also help explain how photons are capable of traveling through space/time given quantum field theory I believes gives photons mass. The acceleration of the particle to the speed of light could bend spacetime and this bending of space/time could result as the wavelike interactions that we see. This bending of space time can also explain the most recent experiment with the light gated double slit experiment. It was found that more particles made it through the gate than was theoretically possible and the bending of spacetime could explain that. This is due to them traveling faster in a field and their actual location is ahead of where we see it. Kind of similar to lag in games but on a much bigger scale.

The concept of this being isolated in time could be demonstrated by the individual photon double slit experiment. This shows particles traveling in waves being linked in time as the photon shot in the future can effect the photon being shot now. This could also potentially show that gravity assists in the stability of space/time on earth. The idea kind of blends Quantum Field theory with string theory and straying off into the dimension of time. But it can help explain weird things such as entropy in atoms.

What's wrong with QFT itself which uses canonical mathematics via perturbations with integrals. String theory is a conformal theory it uses a different methodology ie spinors. The two methods have distinct mathematical methods in how the describe a waveform or wavefunction.

2 hours ago, RossJ said:

An example of the concept is the stability of a neutron and proton inside of the nucleus of an atom. Without somehow being independent of time the neutron and proton should experience entropy. This is due to the second law of thermodynamics referring to all objects in a system will go towards disorder. But time would need to interact for them to go towards disorder so the stability of these particles could be due to their isolation in time.

Time is not something that interacts.

Some questions:

How can a single proton or neutron have a meaningful entropy? What kind of entropy is that?

What do the terms "time interacts" or "isolated in time" mean?

BTW, photons have no mass.

On 7/6/2023 at 6:22 PM, RossJ said:

the stability of these particles could be due to their isolation in time. This would mean that the strong nuclear force is so powerful that it is capable of isolating the effects of time. My only hypothetical pathway for this to occur would be that the tiny particles manage to pack themselves together so tightly that they create a singularity in space time.

Interesting idea. I thought about something similar many times. Anyway, you may want to read about the Thorium Nuclear clock project.

13 minutes ago, DanMP said:

Interesting idea. I thought about something similar many times. Anyway, you may want to read about the Thorium Nuclear clock project.

The Thorium clock is an interesting challenge from an academic point of view but it’s not relevant to the claims here (and is unlikely to result in a clock that’s much better than optical clocks)

On 7/11/2023 at 8:17 PM, joigus said:

So you claim to understand what isolation in time and interacting time mean?

Care to explain it to everybody else?

You have to ask RossJ what exactly he meant.

I think (but I'm not sure) that by isolation in time he meant that in the nucleus time may be dilated (gravitational time dilation). Such a thing may partially explain:

On 7/6/2023 at 6:22 PM, RossJ said:

the stability of a neutron and proton inside of the nucleus of an atom

To be honest I don't agree with most of what he wrote, but I intended to be positive.

7 hours ago, DanMP said:

You have to ask RossJ what exactly he meant.

I think (but I'm not sure) that by isolation in time he meant that in the nucleus time may be dilated (gravitational time dilation). Such a thing may partially explain:

To be honest I don't agree with most of what he wrote, but I intended to be positive.

You can estimate the gravitational time dilation, and I expect it would be incredibly small. Further, it wouldn’t make a particle stable, even if it were measurable 

• 1 month later...
On 7/6/2023 at 12:30 PM, joigus said:

Some questions:

How can a single proton or neutron have a meaningful entropy? What kind of entropy is that?

What do the terms "time interacts" or "isolated in time" mean?

BTW, photons have no mass.

Sorry I will go ahead and respond. Sorry and the single proton or neutron could have meaningful entropy because a proton and neutron are not a single object. They are a construct of quarks and gluons so saying that they are a single entity is incorrect. The entropy could exist between the quarks and gluons. Time interacts as a dilation effect through Einstein's theory in regards to time dilation. As gravitational fields change of the velocity of the particle changes the effects of time change how it effects the particles. An example of this would be the atomic clocks on the gps satellites, the gravity is weaker so time dilation is effecting the ticks of decay of the atom. Isolated in time is essentially referring to a point of infinite energy or an infinitesimal of energy to get time to dilate to such an extreme that the seconds are infinitesimally near 0. And indeed photons have no "rest mass" however to say that they have energy is to give them mass. Einstein pointed out that energy and mass are interchangeable so in this case how would you say photons never have mass and yet are capable of carrying momentum? 

1 hour ago, RossJ said:

Sorry I will go ahead and respond. Sorry and the single proton or neutron could have meaningful entropy because a proton and neutron are not a single object. They are a construct of quarks and gluons so saying that they are a single entity is incorrect. The entropy could exist between the quarks and gluons. Time interacts as a dilation effect through Einstein's theory in regards to time dilation. As gravitational fields change of the velocity of the particle changes the effects of time change how it effects the particles. An example of this would be the atomic clocks on the gps satellites, the gravity is weaker so time dilation is effecting the ticks of decay of the atom. Isolated in time is essentially referring to a point of infinite energy or an infinitesimal of energy to get time to dilate to such an extreme that the seconds are infinitesimally near 0. And indeed photons have no "rest mass" however to say that they have energy is to give them mass. Einstein pointed out that energy and mass are interchangeable so in this case how would you say photons never have mass and yet are capable of carrying momentum? 

Einstein’s formula says that for massless entities E=pc, where p is momentum. His E=mc2 only applies to objects with mass that are at rest relative to the observer. More here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Energy–momentum_relation

As for entropy, you don’t seem to have a very clear idea of what that is. Nothing about thermodynamics, let alone quantum theory,  suggests individual atoms or their constituents will somehow increase in entropy with time. Entropy is a statistical property of collections of entities, to do with the number of ways energy can be distributed among them.

1 hour ago, RossJ said:

As for gravitational time dilation of proton, it is about 1-3*10-39. This is dilation of 10-22 second over the age of the Universe.

2 hours ago, RossJ said:

An example of this would be the atomic clocks on the gps satellites, the gravity is weaker so time dilation is effecting the ticks of decay of the atom.

It’s the gravitational potential - the height change is the major contributor, not the change in g - and atomic clocks don’t rely on radioactive decay.

You don't make sense. More examples:

On 7/6/2023 at 5:22 PM, RossJ said:

Although rather than identifying these objects as field, rather identifying them as a higher dimensional state.

(My emphasis.)

This is like saying that Einstein, rather than being a physicist, was German. Thus, whether something is a field, or a high-dimensional state --of what, BTW?-- belong in different categories.

And more:

On 7/6/2023 at 5:22 PM, RossJ said:

The idea kind of blends Quantum Field theory with string theory and straying off into the dimension of time. But it can help explain weird things such as entropy in atoms.

(Again, my emphasis.)

Blend QFT with ST?!

You seem to forget that when people say "string theory" that's just short for "supersymmetric quantum field theory of strings". So string theory is but one kind of quantum field theory. Again using analogy, what you're saying here is very much like saying "we should blend calculus and mathematics".

It's obvious to most everybody here that you're not making any sense. You've found a narrative that pleases you in terms of these characters "entropy", "mass", and so on. That's not science.