A new thought !

Commander

Is there a question in there??

It's not true that all the research is focussed on migrating to another planetary body. Protecting and making the Earth sustainable for all life for as long as possible is a bigger priority. The resource & technology to enable humans to spread out even within our own solar system is still way off, let alone any nearby habitable planets within other systems.    

!

Moderator Note

Moved from The Sandbox (which is for testing LaTex) to The Lounge.

I don't think evolution has a goal, but I've often thought humans were special because we came up with a way to leave the planet if necessary. Not sure we're going to find a safer world, or a more long-lasting one (how many billions of years do you need?), but I think we're the only species that could take other species with us when colonizing.

22 hours ago, Intoscience said:

Is there a question in there??

It's not true that all the research is focussed on migrating to another planetary body. Protecting and making the Earth sustainable for all life for as long as possible is a bigger priority. The resource & technology to enable humans to spread out even within our own solar system is still way off, let alone any nearby habitable planets within other systems.    

Dear Sir, I agree that currently all Research are not in this direction and rather in Specializing at How to compete with each other, how to make better weapns to Kill and Destroy etc which are a Waste of Time against the Enemy Environment and extra-terrestrial attacks ! We need to think as a Global Human Community before embarking on my suggested venture ! I also agree with your statement that right now this appears impossible !

15 hours ago, Phi for All said:
!

Moderator Note

Moved from The Sandbox (which is for testing LaTex) to The Lounge.

I don't think evolution has a goal, but I've often thought humans were special because we came up with a way to leave the planet if necessary. Not sure we're going to find a safer world, or a more long-lasting one (how many billions of years do you need?), but I think we're the only species that could take other species with us when colonizing.

Dear Sir, I agree with you 100 %