What are some cases (if any) of people coming back from the dead?

murshid

I am looking for cases (if any) where patients were pronounced dead by doctors and then came back to life. Are there any such cases? I am not looking for cases of near-death experiences.

Edited by murshid

There are pharmaceuticals that can mimic brain death.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/22292975/

As MigL said, those who are truly dead, where the brain has begun to decompose (usually about six minutes after the heart has stopped, though can be longer where the body was hypothermic), are permanently dead.  The connectome, the synaptic connections that make a brain function, breaks apart quickly, and that decisively ends life as a sentient organism.  Some tissues survive longer, but that is not tissue that makes you you.

• 3 weeks later...

Fun fact: Hemingway wrote a short story (a few paragraphs, really) about the hanging of a notorious Chicago gangster Sam Cardinella (something like that), which he apparently witnessed as a newspaper reporter. Cardinella's gang had a plan where they were gonna reanimate him in the ambulance car-post hanging, but the plan was foiled. I even read somewhere that they'd apparently tried a dry run of this with another individual, IDK how credible that is, if it is it might be an example of what you're looking for, but sounds dubious.