Is there any way for the immune system to detect water molecules? Tessa Hansen Smith / LivingWaterless claims to be internally allergic to water molecules when they touch her internal organs and bloodstream.

KosherDill

Tessa Hansen Smith (LivingWaterLess) claims she's internally allergic to water when it touches her throat, her internal organs, and her bloodstream. She has an internal allergic reaction to intravenous saline, she explained it's because her bloodstream immune cells are reacting to the presence of water molecules. She says nurses have accused her of making it up. She says the only reason she can drink milk is because the fats in the milk surround the water molecules so they cannot be detected by her immune system. Is there any way for the immune system to detect or recognize water molecules?

2 hours ago, KosherDill said:

Is there any way for the immune system to detect or recognize water molecules?

Since most of our internal fluids are water, I'd be very surprised if they could, or would mind if they did. This is utter, unmitigated BS. What's the point? 

11 minutes ago, Peterkin said:

Since most of our internal fluids are water, I'd be very surprised if they could, or would mind if they did. This is utter, unmitigated BS. What's the point? 

https://allindiaroundup.com/news/student-who-is-allergic-to-water-breaks-out-in-rashes-when-she-sweats-or-cries/

Quoting the article

''I get rashes on my body quite often, but especially where clothes rubs/rests on my skin. Even during a slow walk, the body will produce some amount of sweat. Most of the time it’s so minuscule people will never even notice it—but we have to wash our clothes because they’re getting dirty somehow! Even though when I walk slowly (the only form of exercise I can really handle) sweat is produced, but while it starts out as a very small amount like everyone else, my body quickly reacts to this and makes my temperature increase, which in turn makes me sweat more. It’s not a great cycle for this allergy. This is just one example of what my skin looks like, the waistband of my leggings I was wearing today rests on my stomach. There are no bumps because the medication I take helps reduce the allergic reaction, but the skin will still flare up and be extra sensitive. If I started to itch these spots (which I try really really hard not to) then rashes and hives can quickly pop up and persist for a lot longer than this sensitivity. I try to post pictures and videos that show physical, observable reactions, because since half of this allergy is all internal the worst parts of my allergy are invisible. People with invisible disabilities and conditions face a lot of discrimination and hate. I’ve had people, even people in the medical field, accuse me of lying about my condition if I can’t produce reactions visible to the naked eye. When I was in the ER a few weeks ago receiving IV infusions, the nurse didn’t believe me at first that I had to have steroid anti-histamines injected first or the saline would hurt me. But in between injections of medicine saline needs to be injected to flush the IV tube, and during this time she saw me grimace in pain and asked me to show her where the pain was. I pointed to part of my arm, starting in my wrist where the injection site was, and following an odd path up my arm. She looked shocked when I perfectly pointed out the route of a deep vein, and only then did she believe I was in actual pain. This condition is hard enough to deal with, but the accusatory attitudes that come from others makes it hard mentally. So be kind to everyone! 💕''

A person may be allergic to contamination present in water rather than pure (distilled, desalinated) water. Drinking contaminated water, can give the mistaken impression that it is the water that causes eczema.

The water present in beverages, plants, fruits, sold in stores comes from different places, different regions of the world, and has none, minor or different contaminants.

Edited by Sensei

5 minutes ago, Sensei said:

A person may be allergic to contamination present in water rather than pure (distilled, desalinated) water. Drinking contaminated water, can give the mistaken impression that it is the water that causes eczema.

The water present in beverages, plants, fruits, sold in stores comes from different places, different regions of the world, and has none, minor or different contaminants.

No, she says she constantly has sores in her mouth from eating things like fruit or vegetables which have water in them. Her immune system also reacts to the water molecules in intravenous saline. She went to the ER very dehydrated, they did not give her antihistamines beforehand, and she had a big internal reaction to the water in her bloodstream and was in a lot of pain, according to her. Intravenous saline doesn't have any additives like chlorine in it. 

She says she only drinks about 800 ml of milk. Milk still causes a reaction but not as bad as pure water.

Edited by KosherDill

1 minute ago, Sensei said:

Why would any sane person want to repeat the nonsense that some random person from the Internet, who wants to be famous by writing nonsense, repeats on a scientific forum?

She's not just a random person. She's had news articles made of her and she's reportedly been diagnosed with an actual allergy to water. In the news articles of her, there are photos of her allergic reactions, and also photos of her in the hospital.

Edited by KosherDill

25 minutes ago, Sensei said:

On the photos, she looks like somebody who frequently washes hair and takes a bath..

She's been diagnosed with aquagenic urticaria otherwise known as water allergy, her mother is an MD. She's been to the ER several times for dehydration. Even her own menstrual blood causes an allergic reaction on her skin. 

3 hours ago, KosherDill said:

She says the only reason she can drink milk is because the fats in the milk surround the water molecules

That’s not how the chemistry of milk works. It’s mostly water. 

It’s neither encased in nor enveloped by an impermeable lipid layer. 

3 hours ago, KosherDill said:

Is there any way for the immune system to detect or recognize water molecules?

The immune system operates in, around, between, through, across, and in large part because of “water molecules” so recognition would be if it’s own surroundings and environment. 

30 minutes ago, Sensei said:

On the photos, she looks like somebody who frequently washes hair and takes a bath..

Presumably in goat's milk....

Okay, maybe the kid has a psychosomatic thing going on and needs treatment, or she's HIV and an autoimmune, which is more serious. Though I have to wonder, if milk fat can 'surround' the water molecules in milk, why doesn't the vaginal mucus surround the water molecules in menstrual blood? It all sounds rather bizarre.  

And if it's true - then what?

7 hours ago, exchemist said:

The funniest one from this person was the man allegedly strangled by his own thymus gland.

Spit-take!  There needs to be a web initialism, SCOS.  Spewed coffee on screen.

I believe the early 20th century comic actor WC Fields might have been allergic to water.

Presuming there is this histamine, urticaria, reaction she claims, I'd bet on histadelia, a baseline high tissue histamine condition largely unrecognized. 

The terminal acceptor of electrons in the electron transport chain is oxygen. In effect, two hydrogen atoms are tacked on to an oxygen, so you make metabolic water. That and the other context of it being the main solvent in the body would seem to make this scenario unlikely. I for one would badger her youtube or wherever this is from that she needs methyl donors or benadryl to knock down that urticaria.

On 9/15/2022 at 3:42 PM, KosherDill said:

She says the only reason she can drink milk is because the fats in the milk surround the water molecules so they cannot be detected by her immune system.

Uh

On 9/15/2022 at 6:48 PM, KosherDill said:

Intravenous saline doesn't have any additives like chlorine in it.

Uh

On 9/15/2022 at 7:28 PM, KosherDill said:

She's been diagnosed with aquagenic urticaria otherwise known as water allergy, her mother is an MD.

Wondering what MD stands for. Not to put too fine a point on it, but if you have this person's ear, communicate that the observed correlation of water causing an allergic response is not sufficient to conclude causation or make a diagnosis. It is more likely that the inflammation/allergy is caused by histamine from mast cells, that she's likely primed to histamine release from minor irritations, and that this is an inflammatory condition so yes a lot of things are going o be painful.

On 9/15/2022 at 6:43 PM, KosherDill said:

If I started to itch these spots (which I try really really hard not to) then rashes and hives can quickly pop up and persist for a lot longer than this sensitivity.

This is like dermatographia, which again I think is a sign of high tissue histamine. There is no good reason to avoid water, drinking or bathing, dehydration makes just about everything worse. If you really want to help her, source Betaine(TriMethylGlycine) from purebulk.com, or find Source Naturals healthfood store version (750mg chalky pills) or something similar somewhere and grind them up. Or source MethylTetraHydroFolate or MethylCobalamin -- these are 3 methyl donors. I think it's safe to conclude she's undermethylated as in a histadeliac. If you have this person's ear try to disabuse her of this poorly founded notion of aquagenic urticaria.