AP Tests

quack

• 5 months later...

lol! I remember taking those. Don't worry about bombing them though. Really they are only good for getting out of classes that aren't in your major. If you wish to go onto further education (med school, grad school, ect) they really like to see that you have taken all the courses in the major, even those ones that you could have passed out of due to the AP tests. SO really, in your major, they get you nowhere. At least that is how it was when i was in undergrad.

cool

Its still typically that way vending. Some US medical schools will not accept AP credit for required coursework (bio1-2, chem1-2, o-chem1-2, physics 1-2, english comp1-2). It really depends on the school. Some do not accept CLEP or AP, some will.

I took a Stanines test back in '69. I scored 9's but saw on my computer printout somebody scratched off one 9 in pencil and put 8.9. I said screw the system and went out on my own.

The world is a great school if you don't care about money but want substance. I went back to school later. Money is not so bad to have either. Life needs balance.

My advice is take the test again, drink lots of coffee, and concentrate for a good score.

Just aman

• 1 month later...

I took an AP Chem test in high school - scored a 3. It was a good experience but I'm still glad I took all my intro courses. The test was challenging, but I found the hardest thing was not having a lab component to the AP course at my high school - definitely a disadvantage on the exam, I found.

Cookie

Hi, I am in AP Bio right now and have taken 6 Ap's all together thoughout high school. They arent that bad, its just a lot of montonous work. Atleast thats my take on it. Most schools will give you credit if you get a 4 or 5. If I were you I would try really hard to do good on the exams because the class offered in high school is a lot easier than the one in college. Its more structured and spoon fed. So it will be to your advantage to try as hard as you can to ace the exam.

-Demosthenes- said in post # :

Yea, if we get an A it counts an extra point on our GPA, so I could get a 5.0, cool huh?

not for me : P, the only way for me to get a 5.0 at highschool would be if i retook the same 7 AP/Honors classes every year, and colleges wouldn't like that. so no matter what, i am behind you in the top students list *sigh* (hypothetical, i actually have around a 3.6)

I took AP exams in English and chemistry many moons ago; I got 5's on both tests. I earned enough college credits to get sophomore status after one semester, which was helpful for registeration. Unfortunately, I had to take a different intro chemistry course for my major than the one I got credit for, so a few semesters later, the extra credits were taken away. :-( It was still worth taking the tests and getting the credits, though.