hijack from Roclket air polution

TheVat

23 hours ago, TheVat said:

Welcome, um, Kevin.  Your profile says you teach astronomy at a school in the UK.  Just curious what school that is.  Thanks.

I actually work only with projects, particularly onilne projects, therefore I have no links with certain schools. Thanks for asking!

On 12/8/2021 at 8:09 PM, Kevin_Hall said:

I actually work only with projects, particularly onilne projects, therefore I have no links with certain schools. Thanks for asking!

So, um, Kevin, if you have no links with certain schools, are there some schools that you do have links with? I was not aware that astronomy featured in the UK school curriculum. 

1 hour ago, exchemist said:

So, um, Kevin, if you have no links with certain schools, are there some schools that you do have links with? I was not aware that astronomy featured in the UK school curriculum. 

IMHO it has occupied far to large a % of the Physics curriculum for several decades now.

1 hour ago, studiot said:

IMHO it has occupied far to large a % of the Physics curriculum for several decades now.

Hoho. But it's not a subject as such, to the extent that there are teachers employed to teach astronomy, so far as I know. 

But I'd be interested to hear what, um, Kevin has to say - and how he expresses himself. 

On 12/11/2021 at 5:30 PM, exchemist said:

Hoho. But it's not a subject as such, to the extent that there are teachers employed to teach astronomy, so far as I know. 

But I'd be interested to hear what, um, Kevin has to say - and how he expresses himself. 

Astronomy uses mathematics, physics, and chemistry. Weather it out of curriculum or not - there are Master and PhD programs that are popular to continue one's career in UK.
Lots of proposals, though I am not to mention exact projects here.
Thank you.
Best wishes!

22 minutes ago, Kevin_Hall said:

Astronomy uses mathematics, physics, and chemistry. Weather it out of curriculum or not - there are Master and PhD programs that are popular to continue one's career in UK.
Lots of proposals, though I am not to mention exact projects here.
Thank you.
Best wishes!

OK, so contrary to what your profile says, you do not teach astronomy at a school in the UK. Correct? 

25 minutes ago, TheVat said:

(chuckle)

I myself am currently tutoring various members of the royal families of Europe in quantum field theory!  

Ha. I tutor pope on erectlocycric leaction mechanism. I not lobot.

Edited by exchemist

59 minutes ago, exchemist said:

OK, so contrary to what your profile says, you do not teach astronomy at a school in the UK. Correct? 

My profile shows relevant information to the field of my business.
I am not sure, if it is okay to discuss either mine or yours personal information here and I would rather get focused to the subject. Thank you gentlemen. 

It is a reaction to the disparity between between posts and profile claims.  He teaches school in the UK, but not really, and cannot spell pollution.   Other hints in posts elsewhere suggest poseur to me, and I have been at online forae long enough to understand why people dislike that.   

This post is deletable, and I will say no more.

Edited by TheVat
Meufcd

22 minutes ago, TheVat said:

It is a reaction to the disparity between between posts and profile claims.  He teaches school in the UK, but not really, and cannot spell pollution.   Other hints in posts elsewhere suggest poseur to me, and I have been at online forae long enough to understand why people dislike that.   

I'll provide my bona fides soon. I don't want my posts deleted. After all, it's all about my credentials (and ability to not generate typos), not the content of my posts.

20 minutes ago, zapatos said:

I'll provide my bona fides soon. I don't want my posts deleted. After all, it's all about my credentials (and ability to not generate typos), not the content of my posts.

I think this is the overall MO of the forum: when you open your mouth, your brains are on parade. It is that which is judged, along with any evidence. Markus is a case in point, being a rather good autodidact without a PhD iirc.

Edited by StringJunky

1 hour ago, zapatos said:

You misunderstand.  There are other threads, in at least two he promotes a commercial website called spaceadventures.com, using language that is not "typos," but which puts the lie to him being Kevin Hall from the UK. (as for "polution," is it a typo if you repeat the misspellings in the OP and elsewhere?)  I don't give a rat's ass about credentials or harmless typos, but I don't like being bullshitted, and I am going to call people on posing and fakery about who they are.  It is distracting and insults our intelligence.   After a president who bullshitted and lied for four years, and encouraged millions to do that same, my patience with this kind of crap is wearing really thin.  

Here is how "Kevin Hall" writes in another post in a "Space News" thread.  

Welcome!
Here you will find up to date astronomy news from all over the galaxy 🌔

For today's moment we have such interesting news:

1. Galaxy that has got no dark matter has been discovered.

That's not a typo.  That is Asian-style spam English.  If I'm wrong, fine, you all can sue me or whatever.  I will eat crow and flagellate myself.  

And that is my such interesting news for today's moment!

1 hour ago, StringJunky said:

I think this is the overall MO of the forum: when you open your mouth, your brains are on parade. It is that which is judged, along with any evidence. Markus is a case in point, being a rather good autodidact without a PhD iirc.

Lovely. +1

Meanwhile back to the 1960s, us thick and uncultered scientists had to do an auxiliary O level in History of Art, for the good of our souls.
To my suprise I discovered the art teacher ran an after school project hand grinding and polishing lenses and mirrors for an astronomical telescope for the school.
The project had being going for a couple of years by my time and was not expected to be finished before I left.

Edited by studiot

1 hour ago, TheVat said:

That's not a typo.  That is Asian-style spam English.  If I'm wrong, fine, you all can sue me or whatever.  I will eat crow and flagellate myself.  

And that is my such interesting news for today's moment!

It would be quite interesting to watch such proof/dueling happen. Did they survive to the forums era?

"There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the latter ignorance."

Hippocrates, Law, 460-377 BCE

Edited by skydelph

2 hours ago, studiot said:

Lovely. +1

Meanwhile back to the 1960s, us thick and uncultered scientists had to do an auxiliary O level in History of Art, for the good of our souls.
To my suprise I discovered the art teacher ran an after school project hand grinding and polishing lenses and mirrors for an astronomical telescope for the school.
The project had being going for a couple of years by my time and was not expected to be finished before I left.

Thanks.  I remember that from someone here some years ago. Pretty spot-on I thought.  :)

Edited by StringJunky

7 hours ago, TheVat said:

!

Moderator Note

If anyone thinks rules have been broken they can and should use the report post function to bring it to the attention of the mods. Please leave enforcement up to the staff.

Unless someone is asserting some sort of authority based on claimed credentials, I don’t see how profile claims are relevant to any discussion. In any event, we don’t require verification of them. If someone posts something that’s incorrect, feel free to correct it. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.