Time is a physical constraint

ReSublimeCarbonX

I was reading on another topic that was closed because it apparently was "answered" I strongly disagree. Just because physics or science (at this point) considers asking if something can exist outside of time as asking how much does yellow weigh. There are multiple theories of other dimensions or universes. What exists outside of those bubbles. I am not a scientist but it has always baffled me how we can be constrained by this prison we call time. We exist a year ago, just as much as we exist in this moment. We may also already exist in the future. My question, without writing me off is, can anyone confirm the logic in what I mean even if it is illogical?

7 minutes ago, ReSublimeCarbonX said:

I was reading on another topic that was closed because it apparently was "answered" I strongly disagree. Just because physics or science (at this point) considers asking if something can exist outside of time as asking how much does yellow weigh. There are multiple theories of other dimensions or universes. What exists outside of those bubbles. I am not a scientist but it has always baffled me how we can be constrained by this prison we call time. We exist a year ago, just as much as we exist in this moment. We may also already exist in the future. My question, without writing me off is, can anyone confirm the logic in what I mean even if it is illogical?

9 minutes ago, ReSublimeCarbonX said:

I note you have posted this in 'Relativity'

What connection to relativity are you looking for ?

And what do you mean by 'constrained' ?

Yes there is are a collection of hypotheses (strictly - not theory) called the 'block universe'.
I say collection because there are variants of the hypothesis.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=block+universe&source=hp&ei=p7IfYY3OHNGE8gLou4_4AQ&iflsig=AINFCbYAAAAAYR_At-KaN5C9DL025ykI-HzjO5l0zHKu&oq=block+universe&gs_lcp=Cgdnd3Mtd2l6EAMyBQgAEIAEMgUIABCABDIFCAAQgAQyBQgAEIAEMgUIABCABDIFCAAQgAQyBQgAEIAEMgUIABCABDIFCAAQgAQyBQguEIAEOgsIABCABBCxAxCDAToRCC4QgAQQsQMQgwEQxwEQ0QM6DgguEIAEELEDEMcBEKMCOggIABCABBCxAzoOCC4QgAQQsQMQxwEQ0QM6CwguEIAEELEDEJMCOg4ILhCABBCxAxDHARCvAToICC4QgAQQsQM6CwguEIAEEMcBENEDOhEILhCABBCxAxCDARDHARCvAToLCC4QgAQQsQMQgwFQhhFYtihgslNoAHAAeACAAc4DiAGsGJIBCTUuMi4yLjIuM5gBAKABAQ&sclient=gws-wiz&ved=0ahUKEwjNva_e3r_yAhVRglwKHejdAx8Q4dUDCAg&uact=5

38 minutes ago, ReSublimeCarbonX said:

Relativity is a well-tested theory of physics, which describes these "restraints" It's the way that nature behaves. 

These "theories" of other dimensions are not. They are conjecture. Things that can't be modeled or tested are outside of science.

1 hour ago, ReSublimeCarbonX said:

I am not a scientist but it has always baffled me how we can be constrained by this prison we call time.

The more accepted perspective is that time and the spatial dimensions offer us degrees of freedom rather than constraints.

3 hours ago, Phi for All said:

The more accepted perspective is that time and the spatial dimensions offer us degrees of freedom rather than constraints.

To be fair, we can move in any spatial direction (in principle) but only forward in time.

For inertial motion our velocity through spacetime is fixed; the faster we move spatially, the slower we move in time such that our "four-velocity" remains invariant at c. (though we never notice, because for inertial motion we are always at rest and time moves normally for us. It's seen in the measurement by others, who are in a different frame of reference)