mereotopological physical chemistry

Prof  Reza  Sanaye

The less advanced branches of maths with fewer applications in physics and chemistry , promise to be fertile fields for answering some of the most outstanding , most significant questions in these areas of knowledge .  ..   

Teams under me are more theoretically than practically going this way to unearth a number of principles playing all but axiological role in physical chemistry  . . ..   

Rector Reza Sanaye

I Should have hardly though bringing out answers to important physics' and chemistry's quires would be feasible through the means of mereotopology .....

Pooria Solhjoo---MS

1 hour ago, Prof Reza Sanaye said:

The less advanced branches of maths with fewer applications in physics and chemistry , promise to be fertile fields for answering some of the most outstanding , most significant questions in these areas of knowledge .  ..   

Teams under me are more theoretically than practically going this way to unearth a number of principles playing all but axiological role in physical chemistry  . . ..   

Rector Reza Sanaye

I Should have hardly though bringing out answers to important physics' and chemistry's quires would be feasible through the means of mereotopology .....

Pooria Solhjoo---MS

Please explain why physical chemistry and what axioms you are proposing.

Then it might make some sense to DIm and to others less bright like myself.

On 2/10/2021 at 10:38 AM, Prof Reza Sanaye said:

Rector Reza Sanaye

Pooria Solhjoo---MS

So are you done with this thread?

I was hoping you'd answer studiots question because I'm not sure what your point was.

Edited by Bufofrog

Ladies and Gentlemen !

Many thanks for your deep interest in AND curiosity about the post I had posted a couple of days ago. I have here picked a number of topological and mereotopological "points" regarding physics & chemistry [ from various articles ] . For a start , they don't seem so bad to initiate us into some of the more complex matters.  

I have done this , of course , purposely .. . . . . . .I want all friends here on ScienceForum to know that what I say is not totally strange to present-day modality of research and investigation(s). However , these are NOT precisely my teams' and my own point . . ..  . .. . 

The mereotopological approach may be  compared to the common thermodynamical methodology to study chemical reactivity. It can be  shown how the former indeed has numerous advantages and provides a more detailed description with respect to the latter about the course of the reaction. In this field the main objective is to predict and to describe the reaction path of an arbitrary process a priori, simply through analysis of the charge density. By means of mereotopolopgical approach(es) , it was shown that there is no expansion of the valence shell with violation of the octet rule as previously proposed by Pauling. Nevertheless the “hypervalency” theory is still widely evoked in many different chemistry text books, being the easiest way to give an apparently convincing description of chemical bonding, which does not require any knowledge about the quantum mechanics and electronic structure. 

In the discussion of  the nature of electron-correlation effects in carbon nanorings and nanobelts using an analysis tool known as fractional occupation number weighted electron density (ρFOD) and the RAS-SF method, revealing for the first time significant differences in static correlation effects depending on how the rings (i.e. chemical units) are fused and/or connected until closing the loop. Studies have been done  in detail over linear and cyclic oligoacene molecules of increasing size,  relating the emerging differences with the difficulties for the synthesis of the latter due to their radicaloid character. Minor structural modifications of the cyclic forms can alter these results, showing the potential use of these systems as molecular templates for the growth of well-shaped carbon nanotubes as well as the usefulness of theoretical tools for molecular design.

Topological materials have been working their way from theoretical physics into the world of experimental chemistry over the past decade, and the pace is quickening. The materials offer new challenges for chemists to synthesize compounds from hard-to-work-with elements, such as heavy metals. At the same time, topology is revealing new properties of materials that were thought to be well understood, like gold.

The mechanical properties of physical gels generated by selectively swelling a homologous series of linear multiblock copolymers are investigated by quasistatic uniaxial tensile tests. The (mereo)topological slip-tube network model has been brought in  to extract the contributions arising from network crosslinks and chain entanglements. The composition dependence of these contributions is established and considered in terms of simulations that identify the probabilities associated with chain conformations. 

The electronic structure of nonmagnetic crystals can be classified by complete theories of band topology, reminiscent of a “topological periodic table.” However, such a classification for magnetic materials has so far been elusive, and hence very few magnetic topological materials have been discovered to date.  In a new study published in the journal Nature, an international team of researchers has performed the first high-throughput search for magnetic topological materials, finding over 100 new magnetic topological insulators and semimetals. 

Unlike their nonmagnetic counterparts, magnetic compounds currently cannot be classified by automated topological methods. Instead, research on magnetic topological materials has been performed ad hoc, and has been motivated by their potential applications as effective thermoelectric converters, energy-efficient components in microelectronic devices that could be at the heart of quantum computers, or improved magnetic storage media. However, even though the first theoretical studies of topological materials and their properties in the early 1980’s were devised in magnetic systems – efforts awarded with the Nobel Prize in Physics in 2016, the past 40 years of advances in topological materials discovery have largely come in the areas of nonmagnetic topological insulators and semimetals. 

22 minutes ago, Prof Reza Sanaye said:

topological materials

There are quite a few new terms here, this article from Nature might be a good place to start.

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-019-02062-0

July 2019

Strange topological materials are popping up everywhere physicists look

I have not studied this very new area of Science, certainly looks worth investigating.

@Prof Reza Sanaye    Perhaps a simpler point or two to start with would help us all ?

36 minutes ago, studiot said:

@Prof Reza Sanaye    Perhaps a simpler point or two to start with would help us all ?

14 minutes ago, Prof Reza Sanaye said:

Yes/ All my Dears ! 

All Ladies & Gentlemen !  

As you yourselves are gradually coming in the know , it's a highly exciting , very broad investigative field of "doing science" . . . . I am so glad that you are so affably with me . .. . .

and ?

Edited by studiot

25 minutes ago, Prof Reza Sanaye said:

And

That I should much better be face to face with my audience on this site and on the other 8 sites to TEACH+LEARN 

This is a discussion site. Not a teaching site per se, although some teaching does take place as knowledgeable members are often happy to offer some measure of instruction.

26 minutes ago, Prof Reza Sanaye said:

and : 

that I BE AWARDED all but  LIMITLESS number of posts // instead of just only 4-5 per diem . . . 

The great advantage of reading the rules is that you would know that the 5 posts limits only applies to the first 24 hours of membership.

Nothing is stopping you stating your point or points for discussion.

56 minutes ago, Prof Reza Sanaye said:

That I should much better be face to face with my audience on this site and on the other 8 sites to TEACH+LEARN 

(My emphasis)

Your audience?

audience

noun

/ˈɔːdiəns/

/ˈɔːdiəns/
     [countable + singular or plural verb] the group of people who have gathered to watch or listen to something (a play, concert, somebody speaking, etc.)

I'd rather you used,

interlocutor

noun

/ˌɪntəˈlɒkjətə(r)/

/ˌɪntərˈlɑːkjətər/
(formal)
  1. a person taking part in a conversation with you

according to the Forum's rules.