The Quantum Mechanism of Earthquakes as Exemplified by a Sudden Ejection of Rocks from a Rock Mass

serguei58

Abstract

At the moment, there are several hypotheses in geophysics that explain especially dangerous processes of the earth's crust movements - sudden outbursts of rocks and gas from a rock mass from the point of view of classical physics. Despite the fact that various macroscopic systems can be accurately described using classical mechanics and electrodynamics, a real mechanism and a working model of this phenomenon cannot be built. Consequently, to develop a model of sudden outbursts of rocks and gas, it is necessary to apply new approaches and methods, different from the description of macroscopic systems. This article describes a quantum version of the process of the ejection of rocks from a rock mass. In particular, we described the mechanism of the Coulomb explosion that occurs in the rocks of the earth's crust with a sharp change in rock pressure and built a model of the sudden release of rocks and gases. In our opinion, the quantum processes described by us can be sources not only of sudden outbursts and rockslide but also sources of more formidable phenomena - earthquakes and volcanic explosions.

Quantum mechanism of earthquakes.docx

!

Moderator Note

You need to post the details you wish to discuss.

You need to stop posting speculations in main part of the forum. If you can’t find it in a textbook - the whole model, not just selected parts - it belongs here.

35 minutes ago, swansont said:
!

Moderator Note

You need to post the details you wish to discuss.

You need to stop posting speculations in main part of the forum. If you can’t find it in a textbook - the whole model, not just selected parts - it belongs here.

You will not find my hypothesis in the textbook.  I express it on the basis of fundamental knowledge accumulated by humanity and have already been tested in practice.  That is, the hypothesis has a scientific and proven foundation, therefore it has the right to be in the main part of the forum.  Just before me, no one thought in the direction I indicated.

Don't know enough about geology, but I would have thought the stresses, strains, pressures, temperatures and gravity of classical Physics is enough to explain geological effects without resorting to quantum processes.

Maybe when you present a discussable scenario, and HOW classical Physics fails, then we can discuss the need to investigate quantum processes.
( and I mean a discussable post, not a PDF, or Word document, link )
Until then, you may be proposing solutions to non-existent problems.

22 minutes ago, MigL said:

Don't know enough about geology, but I would have thought the stresses, strains, pressures, temperatures and gravity of classical Physics is enough to explain geological effects without resorting to quantum processes.

Maybe when you present a discussable scenario, and HOW classical Physics fails, then we can discuss the need to investigate quantum processes.
( and I mean a discussable post, not a PDF, or Word document, link )
Until then, you may be proposing solutions to non-existent problems.

The fact of the matter is that trying to apply the laws of mechanics and simple physical laws to the calculations of stresses in the earth's crust, geophysicists have not achieved success in their works, which they have produced many thousands.  To date, the results are zero!  Not a single scientific prediction of earthquakes for the entire existence of geophysics by all geophysicists of the world!  No one!  This means that the chosen direction of search leads to a dead end.  New approaches and ideas are needed.  So I offered my own approach to the existing problem.

5 minutes ago, serguei58 said:

So I offered my own approach to the existing problem.

Without any supporting evidence.
There is just as much supporting evidence for microscopic Black Holes, orbiting within the diameter of the Earth.
IOW, zero.

14 minutes ago, MigL said:

Without any supporting evidence.
There is just as much supporting evidence for microscopic Black Holes, orbiting within the diameter of the Earth.
IOW, zero.

It’s strange that you don’t know that before you build a model, you need to come up with its idea, design, and method of implementation.  Sorry.

10 hours ago, MigL said:

I haven’t opened the file in the OP, but if that is the suggestion, then it obviously can’t work. There would be no stable orbit for a miniature black hole in the interior of a mass distribution such as the Earth - it would spiral inwards very quickly (emitting large amounts of high energy radiation from superheated infalling matter), and eventually come to rest at the center. Surrounding matter would then continue to fall into it, and the black hole would begin to grow. It would be really bad news for all of us!

11 hours ago, serguei58 said:

The fact of the matter is that trying to apply the laws of mechanics and simple physical laws to the calculations of stresses in the earth's crust, geophysicists have not achieved success in their works, which they have produced many thousands.  To date, the results are zero!  Not a single scientific prediction of earthquakes for the entire existence of geophysics by all geophysicists of the world!  No one!  This means that the chosen direction of search leads to a dead end.  New approaches and ideas are needed.  So I offered my own approach to the existing problem.

An endearing example of "how to win friends and influence people."

:eek:

Falsely attacking the work of others like this is not a good way to bolster anything of genuine value you may have thought of.