Frequent eating as an alternative to protein?

I hear of dispute on the nutritional value of protein. Some say it's good for you and helps sustain sugars and starches for longer periods of time; others say it inhibits calcium absportion and Google suggests the truth is if nothing else in the same general direction.

If the issue were the need to sustain sugars and starches for longer periods of time, would it be comparably healthy to eat sugars and starches in more frequently, but in smaller portions, such that the sugars and starches are sustained by the fact that you're eating them a little bit at a time?

53 minutes ago, ScienceNostalgia101 said:

If the issue were the need to sustain sugars and starches for longer periods of time, would it be comparably healthy to eat sugars and starches in more frequently, but in smaller portions, such that the sugars and starches are sustained by the fact that you're eating them a little bit at a time?

What do you mean by "sustain sugars"? 

When you eat protein along with sugars and carbohydrates the sugars are broken down more slowly which in turn reduces blood glucose levels. Reduced blood glucose levels are healthier for diabetics and can slow the development of diabetes in those who currently don't have the disease.

Eating sugars more frequently would have a negative affect. 

59 minutes ago, iNow said:

^Type 2 diabetes, specifically. 

Type 1 diabetes doesn’t seem to care about protein consumption. 

Yes, thanks for the clarification. I don't want to add to the confusion when it comes to health.

1 hour ago, ScienceNostalgia101 said:

Incidentally, I'm type 1 diabetic myself.

So frequent eating of sugars and starches without protein to go with it contributes to type 2 diabetes even if the person eats in moderation and/or exercises to burn it off?

Depends on a whole host of factors, not the least of which is how much of what you eat and how much you exercise.

I suspect exercising every time you eat some sugar is not likely to happen, and the more you ate, the more you'd have to exercise.

If you eat sugars frequently throughout the day then your glucose levels will frequently be going up and down which is a risk factor for developing Type 2 diabetes.

• 3 weeks later...

Perhaps the dispute re protein's nutritional value is one of quantity. https://www.bbc.com/future/article/20180522-we-dont-need-nearly-as-much-protein-as-we-consume

Adults who aren’t especially active are advised to eat roughly 0.75g (0.03oz) of protein per day for each kilogram they weigh. On average, this is 55g (1.9oz) for men and 45g (1.6oz) for women – or two palm-sized portions of meat, fish, tofu, nuts or pulses.