Current games are poor-made.

ps2huang

as before.

I feel the recent released games do not have that sense of attracting variety of game elements. The only fantastic games I could think of recently are those: Musashi: Samurai Legend (not that impressive though), Final Fantasy X-2, Kingdom Heart, Onimusha, BioHazard-Remade, Ninja Gaiden, and something else.

If you retrospect the games of PS1, there is tons of mavelous games: Final Fantasy 7, Chocobo Racing, Chocobo Dungeon, Parasite Eve, and more. I feel the state of being of past games were much better than nowadays.

I don't know why--maybe the currecnt developers of gaming factories are way young than before that they don't have much gaming producing experience.

I just feel the quality of current games--no matter in graphics or game factors--are so absurd.

woa, while i do agree its a shame that modern games arent usign there superioir visual capabilities to convay stories, you cant say that current games have worse game play. current games are more interactive, much more complicated and usualy much more time extensive (if the games decent) i do agree they should be able to do a lot better but the current games are better just not as much better as they should be... halo... case in point

woa, while i do agree its a shame that modern games arent usign there superioir visual capabilities to convay stories, you cant say that current games have worse game play. current games are more interactive, much more complicated and usualy much more time extensive (if the games decent) i do agree they should be able to do a lot better but the current games are better just not as much better as they should be... halo... case in point

I think current games focus more on online interaction, which led to the storylines, and the graphics are not as eyes-catching as before. The time is getting latter, why couldn't they use some new-tech to make?

1) I agree that comupter games have become rather stale and unoriginal.

2) I'm not sure that has anything to do with technology.

3) I think it likely that they're doing the best they can, in an industry that has become the moral equivalent of ambulance-chasing lawyers and used car salesmen in terms of ethical behavior. (Not so much on the part of the game designers, but on the part of the people who run the game companies.)

4) I don't have any better ideas, so I tend not to dwell on it.

this also is a POV... Gameplay/storylines are more predicatble because you're older and more experienced. Older Gamers are typically better because they've just played for so long.

Take the whole Zelda series for instance. With the exception of Zelda 2, they all have the same kinds of puzzles. Light the torches to open the door. Who would think of that unless you'd played Zelda before?

My point is, once you learn the tricks, beating video games gets easier and thus, the gameplay seems deminished. I've found that if you start on the harder difficulties, you find games more enjoyable.

As for plot lines, all games (good games anyway) have the same basic plot line, kill the bad guy, save the good guys. How many original story lines can you get from that?

Besides, how many game from the past didn't make their way into the "classics" bin? how many TOTAL games were there for original Nintendo? SNES? PS1? any of the Sega systems? How many are "good games?" Furthermore, look at their release dates. How far apart did they come out? Were there 12-30 games that are now considered "good classics" comming out every year? or was it more like 2-5.

Now look at now... how many of those games you mentioned came out in the last year or two? as opposed to the others being in the past 15 years.

How this helps you put things in perspective.

By the way, the above four points apply to computer games. Conversely, the non-computer gaming industry (board games, party games, novelties, etc) seems to be going through a bit of a renaissance over the last couple of decades. There are some interesting new board games, as well as some creative ideas in RPGs. Although in the last couple of years it's gone back to being a bit more humdrum, or so it seems to me.

I only play two games. The Sims2 when I'm bored, or......when I want some excitement I play an online multiplayer game called Descent3 where you pilot your own ship. I play mostly at night...pilot name is Bettina, and I fly a Phoenix.

The game is old, and sells for about $5 now. If you want to fight me, go buy it, then go here to play. http://d3.descent.cx/tracker.d3

Some highlights are here.. http://www.planetdescent.com/d3help/

P.S...be careful, I'm a Lieutenant.

Bettina