Hijack from What is the term for the area where the universe has

Menan

5 hours ago, Strange said:

And, just to emphasise the fact that space is not “stuff” being created, we mean space is being created like when you have a party and push all the furniture to the edges of the room to create more space (ie distance between things). 

Who is we, are there two more stooges?

5 hours ago, StringJunky said:

Where gravity is weak enough for dark energy to prevail, the space between superclusters of galaxies is increasing. This increase in distance results in a net expansion of the universe. It is not occurring like an explosion, with a leading on the outside. Space (volume) is created between the superclusters.

Where did you learn thee words of wisdom and from where did they get the info?

I could make stuff up too, except I am a grown up

7 hours ago, Strange said:

That is (as far as we know) the entire universe.

It is not a case of matter expanding into empty space. The universe has always been completely full of matter. As the universe expands, that matter becomes cooler and less dense (basic thermodynamics).

How can the expanded material be the entire universe when that material is moving outward at a high rate of speed.  Are you claiming that it goes nowhere, or that where it goes did not exist until the matter got there.

My hope is that you learn that you can not make up stories as you go and be taken seriously

That said Tyson makes up krap every day as well, Hawking wrote entire books of nonsense

3 hours ago, Menan said:

Who is we, are there two more stooges?

The human race? Scientists? Those who know about these things? It’s just a generic pronoun. 

3 hours ago, Menan said:

Where did you learn thee words of wisdom and from where did they get the info?

You can find plenty of books and websites describing this. You could start with Wikipedia, I guess.  But I’ll leave you to it. I get the impression you are not really interested. 

2 hours ago, Strange said:

The human race? Scientists? Those who know about these things? It’s just a generic pronoun. 

You can find plenty of books and websites describing this. You could start with Wikipedia, I guess.  But I’ll leave you to it. I get the impression you are not really interested. 

The human race does not agree with you, thus you can not say we.  Darwin's theory of evolution has already been disproved and the unfortunate result is no one knows what to think so they will not accept the new evidence

34 minutes ago, Menan said:

so they will not accept the new evidence

what 'new evidence'? 

6 hours ago, Menan said:

How obnoxious - you come across as a pissy, ignorant, little twat. I wasn't going to say anything as it is rude - but you set the tone.

9 hours ago, DrP said:

what 'new evidence'? 

How obnoxious - you come across as a pissy, ignorant, little twat. I wasn't going to say anything as it is rude - but you set the tone.

Obnoxious to the point of grandiose delusion, are people who do not know what's going on, but attempt to create a math formula to explain speeded up expansion.  The formula fails because there is not enough mass, so they get together and INVENT dark matter, which is the missing 85 percent of the universe, then people like you defend them and give us details about the dark matter that is only inferred by an equation that may well be totally wrong...………….

So while I am being obnoxious, I value the truth more then your fantasy

Fact, all of the universe, is exactly where it belongs, where it has always been, and it has never been missing, nor will it ever be missing

Edited by Menan

16 hours ago, Menan said:

!

Moderator Note

Maybe you could act like one.

Disagreeing with science is one thing, but you are expected to know something about what you disagree with, and argument-by-insult isn't acceptable