Can science prove God ?

cornel

Science proves God?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Science proves or increases the chance for a God to exist?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't know
    • Is something that science can't properly explain
    • Science disproves God

53 minutes ago, dimreepr said:

Why do you need God? Genuine question

Maybe Buddha, understood... 😉 

Why do you write God with a capital letter, if you don't believe? Be honest.

53 minutes ago, dimreepr said:

explanation of the soul, that can replace a need for god; in our age of enlightenment.

Why do  you need a soul without God?

This is the most private relationship between me and myself. And "need" is wrong word.

Edited by mar_mar

2 minutes ago, mar_mar said:

Because my computer told me too...

3 minutes ago, mar_mar said:

Why do  you need a soul without God?

I didn't say that I need a soul, I'm just happy to accept that I have one; assuming a soul and god are different...

Now, please answer my question.

13 minutes ago, mar_mar said:

I personally write God with a capital because ai think when having a discussion with a religious person it is antagonistic to write God without capitalizing.

6 minutes ago, dimreepr said:

I didn't say that I need a soul, I'm just happy to accept that I have one

I just don't really have any faith in things without evidence, if accepting something without evidence brings you comfort then I think that's just fine.

3 minutes ago, Bufofrog said:

I just don't really have any faith in things without evidence, if accepting something without evidence brings you comfort then I think that's just fine.

Well, the evidence suggests that if I do something horrible and I know that I have, then I'll suffer a consequence of some sort, PTSD and the like...

11 minutes ago, Bufofrog said:

I personally write God with a capital because ai think when having a discussion with a religious person it is antagonistic to write God without capitalizing.

It's not sincere. If you don't believe and write God with a small letter, it won't "hurt my feelings", because i respect you free choice and mine.

27 minutes ago, dimreepr said:

Because my computer told me too...

My vocabulary tells me to write "i" with a capital letter, and i correct it every time. Because don't like to emphasize myself among others. Though this is a ruler in English.

34 minutes ago, dimreepr said:

I didn't say that I need a soul, I'm just happy to accept that I have one; assuming a soul and god are different...

Now, please answer my question.

Could you, please, explain how you understand the term?

Even if you asked me how do i feel the presence of God in my life, I wouldn't still answer, because it's a private matter.

1 minute ago, Sensei said:

You misspell it. Iron-y-meter.. ;)

That's a fake, no wonder you're struggling to keep up/-to-date...

9 minutes ago, mar_mar said:

My vocabulary tells me to write "i" with a capital letter, and i correct it every time. Because don't like to emphasize myself among others. Though this is a ruler in English.

Did g/God teach you that?

Just now, mar_mar said:

Could you, please, explain how you understand the term?

I have...

2 minutes ago, mar_mar said:

Even if you asked me how do i feel the presence of God in my life, I wouldn't still answer, because it's a private matter.

That's convenient... 🙄

12 minutes ago, mar_mar said:

It's not sincere. If you don't believe and write God with a small letter, it won't "hurt my feelings", because i respect you free choice and mine.

I'm not sure what sincerity has to do with it, but I was just answering your general question, not specifically about your feelings.

26 minutes ago, dimreepr said:

Well, the evidence suggests that if I do something horrible and I know that I have, then I'll suffer a consequence of some sort, PTSD and the like...

That would be evidence of a conscience not a soul.

Just now, mar_mar said:

I believe i missed it.

Obviously, please read again...

1 minute ago, Bufofrog said:

Google the definition of soul and then google the definition of conscience.  Compare and contrast the two definitions.  That should answer your question.

Is Google the soul arbiter of understanding?

8 minutes ago, Bufofrog said:

I'm not sure what sincerity has to do with it, but I was just answering your general question, not specifically about your feelings.

Sincerity toward another person in expressing your belief system. Would it be convenient to you if wrote god with a small letter?

4 minutes ago, dimreepr said:

Obviously, please read again...

Would you be so kind to point out that comment?

5 minutes ago, dimreepr said:

Is Google the soul arbiter of understanding?

No.  Why are you asking such an absurd question?  

You asked what is the difference between soul and conscience, I was trying to indicate that if you look up the definition of those words you will understand the difference.

1 minute ago, Bufofrog said:

No.  Why are you asking such an absurd question?  

You asked what is the difference between soul and conscience, I was trying to indicate that if you look up the definition of those words you will understand the difference.

According to google, or at least your understanding of the question I answered...

5 minutes ago, mar_mar said:

Sincerity toward another person in expressing your belief system.

When I write God with a capital letter that is not an expression of any belief system it is just grammar.  I find it very strange that you think I was being insincere.

11 minutes ago, mar_mar said:

Would it be convenient to you if wrote god with a small letter?

I don't think holding down the shift key when I type the letter g is particularly taxing, so it doesn't matter.

21 minutes ago, Bufofrog said:

When I write God with a capital letter that is not an expression of any belief system it is just grammar.  I find it very strange that you think I was being insincere.

No, it's not a grammar.

Once i read that this is the only word you are free to write according to your belief system

Edited by mar_mar