Jump to content
Itoero

Religion as evolutionary trait

Recommended Posts

37 minutes ago, zapatos said:

 

So if the Church doesn't have a definite interpretation of the talking snake, then why did you say it shouldn't be taken literally?

 

Because it may not be literal.  The snake is Satan and he "spoke" to Eve, thus influencing her actions, but it may not have been with a literal voice and there may not have been a literal snake.  Demons don't to be seen and heard in a physical sense, in order to make their presence known or felt.  When people become demonicially possessed, no one can hear or see the demon, except perhaps the victim, who intensely experiences its presence.

Edited by Francis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Francis said:

Because it may not be literal.  The snake is Satan and he "spoke" to Eve, thus influencing her actions, but it may not have been with a literal voice and there may not have been a literal snake.  Demons don't to be seen and heard in a physical sense, in order to make their presence known or felt.  When people become demonicially possessed, no one can hear or see the demon, except perhaps the victim, who intensely experiences its presence.

1

When the hole is dug, stop...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/12/2018 at 9:15 AM, Francis said:

The author of Genesis says the sun was created on the fourth day.  This suggests he wasn't offering a literal description of creation.  A tree of knowledge of good and bad, a talking snake, God resting on the seventh day, light being created before the sun  ... do these oddities suggest a literal description?  I don't think so. 

!

Moderator Note

The thread is about religion (and possibly mysticism) in general, and not any one religion, so such details are moot, inasmuch as they are specific to one religion.

So all, please cease arguing the details of specific religions. Further trangressions will be hidden.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, swansont said:

 

The thread is about religion (and possibly mysticism) in general, and not any one religion, so such details are moot, inasmuch as they are specific to one religion.

So all, please cease arguing the details of specific religions.

I've just read this.  Okay

26 minutes ago, Strange said:

Well god has been called The Great Architect of the Universe. (Although that was a prod so maybe you don't count it)

That's a Masonic term, actually - many of whom are also Protestants.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Francis said:

That's a Masonic term, actually - many of whom are also Protestants.

They got it from Calvin, then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.