Psychedelic compounds at the BBC

studiot

18 minutes ago, StringJunky said:

I think certain mushrooms,  with  those chemicals in, are being explored for use in  treatments for long-term depressive illnesses. They think they might 'reset' the brain, in a way analogous to electro-convulsive therapy.

I guess there could be potential in Psilocybin as treatment in some depressive illnesses. LSD on the other hand would seem as a gateway to the quickest known cure out there.

2 minutes ago, koti said:

I guess there could be potential in Psilocybin as treatment in some depressive illnesses. LSD on the other hand would seem as a gateway to the quickest known cure out there.

There might be logistical/legal problems with it.

Edited by StringJunky

If anything LSD should be the drug being researched. The legal problems are not as great as the fear mongers have amplified it to be. LSD was made illegal when Charles Manson was supposed to have used it to brainwash his followers. In fact Manson used Datura as even in the court testamony Tex Watson said there was a pot of datura continuously on the stove and people were fed it every day. LSD can open gateways in the mind that cannot be opened in any other ways.

Edited by Brian T. Johnston

39 minutes ago, Brian T. Johnston said:

If anything LSD should be the drug being researched. The legal problems are not as great as the fear mongers have amplified it to be. LSD was made illegal when Charles Manson was supposed to have used it to brainwash his followers. In fact Manson used Datura as even in the court testamony Tex Watson said there was a pot of datura continuously on the stove and people were fed it every day. LSD can open gateways in the mind that cannot be opened in any other ways.

I don't think this is the intended direction of the OP. It''s not about recreational uses and actually about using it therapeutically in a professional setting.