Hacking Computer Games

KHinfcube22

Ok, I am a n00B video game hacker. The only Hacking program I have so far is WinHack, and I don't even know how to use it very well. The only game I can hack so far is NOX. Oh ya, and I also use gamesharks quite alot, they are simple.

So can someone give me a link to site where I can get a tuterial of winhack or someother hacking program. I AM IN GRAVE DANGER IF YOU DON't!!!!!!!!!!, ok, maybe not. But it would be nice.

What I want to learn is known as hacking to those who only wish to cheat, and modifying for the professionals.

What I'm looking for is this, a way to bend, and brake, the rules of gaming. For example: I've downloaded some trainers for the game NOX, so I can change weapons, summons, enemies, and virtually anything. I would like to know how to that to diffrent games using a hexagonal hacking system.

And by the way, hacking games isn't bad. How do you think we got Half-Life:Blue Shift, Half-Life: Counter Strike, and that other half-life game(can't remember name.)

Originally posted by KHinfcube22

And by the way, hacking games isn't bad. How do you think we got Half-Life:Blue Shift, Half-Life: Counter Strike, and that other half-life game(can't remember name.)

Gearbox produced the licensed mods for Blue Shift and Opposing Force. Counter Strike is another 'official' mod. They were not made by lone teenagers who cannot spell, they were made by software development teams.

There are lots of other unofficial mods available for the Half Life engine because the publishers make the source code available.

Originally posted by Sayonara³

Counter Strike is another 'official' mod.

There are lots of other unofficial mods available for the Half Life engine because the publishers make the source code available.

Counter-Strike originally was not an official mod. Only after its popularity exploded did Sierra show interest.

But like you said, it isn't some pimply kid in his room that put out these mods. I do believe counter-strike was designed by two people, but they obviously had a good deal of experience with programming..and time. But they didn't use a program like winhack. Sierra made half-life's sourcecode widely available to anyone who wants it. Good luck making any sense of it though.

One time a friend and I got it into our head that we were going to make a basic mod for half-life. I couldn't even get the darned thing to compile :(

I hate C++ :\

Originally posted by blike

Counter-Strike originally was not an official mod. Only after its popularity exploded did Sierra show interest.

That's why I put it in inverted commas.

I really cba explaining the history of CS to cube.

I knowsome half wit teenager can't come up with a good mod for for some game. Thats why I wish to learn how to become a hacker/modder. Any ways, not all game mods are made by proffesionals for a company that gives out its acces code to any one who wants it. There was a guy on the Tech channel who is a professional mod NOW, but his first game he moddified he was only twenty somethin. The company didn't give the access code out freely either, well, at least I don't think they did, there a lot of games out there using its engine to make on wonder... Wel if they did give it out someone tell me where I could find it.

The game is DOOM!!!! This guy whent and converted the weapons, the background, the monsters, and the name, then legally sold the game with out the companies permission. If you change enough of the game, it cancels out the copyright. I wish to learn how to do that. So if any of you know where I can download a good mod., pleasetell me.

_____

_____

Hah!:D

not that hacking is bad or anything...I mean it is...O_O....but I think if I ever make games that go online (dear God I hope not) and I find out some little kids are hacking MY game...:rolleyes: ...I guess that's not the point, like Ed said, you have to be the one;)

Originally posted by fafalone

The game engine is under copyright. Things like dehacked didn't change the engine significantly, so selling modified versions is illegal unless you license the engine itself.

Not neccessarily so. If you change the name, background, and forground of a game, you can rightfully sell it.

Any ways, most games use the same engine. The doom engine has been used for years, so has the unreal engine.

Remember, I watch the tech channel everyonce in a while, I am a expert in this section.

oo but to live the tech channel is better than every once in a while viewing;)

and to reiterate...or quote...

Licensing.

Studios.

BUSINESS.

I'm a gamer through and through. I know more about gaming than you guys ever could learn in twenty life times. What I'm new at is moding. So if any one out there could lead me to a profficient web site were I could find an adequite tutorial and mod. programm downloads, than lead me. Don't critisize me, or tell me I am evil for wantin to do what you guys are sayin is "illegal". I don't care, I just want to make myself a video game from using an engine of a game I already own. that is all, no more, no less. SO JUST SHUT UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oo hehe don't assume things to be true that you could very well be quite wrong about KH;)

you should know by now that hackers will keep their practice from others because it's their own work, there are of course those who capitolize on their findings and that's where you should seek, not on a science forum you just insulted and told to shut up;)

You aren't even talking about hacking, you're talking about cracking - an entirely different proposition.

If you want to create a mod or use an existing engine, go right ahead. Just don't try and market it as something new.

Originally posted by KHinfcube22

I'm a gamer through and through. I know more about gaming than you guys ever could learn in twenty life times. What I'm new at is moding. So if any one out there could lead me to a profficient web site were I could find an adequite tutorial and mod. programm downloads, than lead me. Don't critisize me, or tell me I am evil for wantin to do what you guys are sayin is "illegal". I don't care, I just want to make myself a video game from using an engine of a game I already own. that is all, no more, no less. SO JUST SHUT UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Google it then Muppet. I could have told you about the development engines that are available, the physics programme and shared engines available for download. I could have also told you about a development company who offer tutorals and sponsership for aspiring developers, that a pal of mine works for. But your rude. So I won't :P

I want to learn how to hack, and yet i know nothing about it. I want to create an army of hacking bots to bring an apocalypse to all computers by way of the internet. Like the black death of PCs, and the the crippling of the http://WWW. And if the new web is equally ad inefficient and evil as the current version I will crash it too.

You aren't even talking about hacking, you're talking about cracking - an entirely different proposition.

If you want to create a mod or use an existing engine, go right ahead. Just don't try and market it as something new.

Oh ya, sorry for the mix up. I will try to use my brain a bit more when typing.

Originally posted by atinymonkey

Google it then Muppet. I could have told you about the development engines that are available, the physics programme and shared engines available for download. I could have also told you about a development company who offer tutorals and sponsership for aspiring developers, that a pal of mine works for. But your rude. So I won't :P

Hmm, sorry atinymonkey. I will not try to excuse my rudeness. I was wrong I apologize to all who hd the unfortunate time to read my last post. I hope all can forgive me.:-(

• 8 months later...

umm interesting post navajoeverclear...

KH info how much more gaming can you know then me?

If you really know alot about gaming then you would really know where to look about how to make mods for games. Because as a gamer you would know where to look for sprays and skins and

from there know where to find and how to making levels and AI. And eventually finding your way to source code to make a mod.

if you really want to make your own mods you gotta find open source code. Unreal Engine is open source code...but good luck reading through it.