How to avoid coconut oil from freezing?

runasyrst

6 minutes ago, runasyrst said:

how to avoid coconut oil from freezing?

Is there any chemical?

If you will add some anti-freezing chemicals you might render coconut oil inedible anymore.. So the main question should be whether "any chemical" should be changed to "edible chemical".. ?

2 minutes ago, Sensei said:

If you will add some anti-freezing chemicals you might render coconut oil inedible anymore.. So the main question should be whether "any chemical" should be changed to "edible chemical".. ?

Yes, Please tell me which chemical is perfect for it because i want it for fragrance,

Thanks.

One approach would be to chill the coconut oil slowly so that the components that freeze easily settle out, then filter them off and use the remaining liquid fraction which will have most of the scent.

Another approach would be to add a different oil with a low melting point. A bit of googling suggests that corn oil might be worth trying.

26 minutes ago, John Cuthber said:

One approach would be to chill the coconut oil slowly so that the components that freeze easily settle out, then filter them off and use the remaining liquid fraction which will have most of the scent.

Another approach would be to add a different oil with a low melting point. A bit of googling suggests that corn oil might be worth trying.

Would propylene glycol be any good?

Edit. Scratch that. How about vegetable glycerin.

Edited by StringJunky

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/8/2018 at 5:30 PM, John Cuthber said:

Hello John!

I have tried your first approach, I've chill the coconut oil slowly & after completed the procedure got oil, but i'm facing some issue that in oil has little bit amount of water, I want to add coconut oil to another fragrance oil, but as i've described that coconut oil has little bit amount of water due to it's unable to properly mix with any other fragrance oils, Please suggest me method to properly remove the water from coconut oil,

Waiting for your reply,

Thanks John for your cooperation.

On 7/20/2018 at 10:32 PM, John Cuthber said:

I may be missing something but...

Let the water sink to the bottom and pour off the oil.

Hello John!

OK, This process take me to 1 week to got oil. Please suggest me how can i make strong fragrance & long lasting of coconut oil,

Waiting for your reply,

Thanks for your cooperation.

16 minutes ago, runasyrst said:

Hello John Cuthber,

I want to make strong smell of coconut oil that can reach nearby peoples as 6 to 12 feet,

Please suggest best chemical for this purpose,

Thank You.

The coconut smell chemical you are looking for is gamma-nonalactone (IUPAC Name: 5-pentyloxolan-2-one), which you could buy and add to your preparation or isolate it from your oil and concentrate it.

http://www.thegoodscentscompany.com/data/rw1000532.html

Edited by StringJunky