bosonic behavior of entangled particles

Itoero

On ‎22‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 11:24 PM, swansont said:

Not when history tells me it will be a waste of my time. In this thread alone you've made a few outlandish claims about rest mass and given irrelevant links, which have done nothing to give me confidence that you know what you're talking about, at anything but a superficial level. 

The words I used don't change the content of that video.

On ‎22‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 9:43 PM, Strange said:

Because it is a result of string theory. Several other useful results come from (ad hoc) combinations of GR and QM. Hawking radiation, for example

It's not a result from String Theory. When Gerard 't hooft created the holographic principle, it had nothing to do with String Theory.

40 minutes ago, Itoero said:

It's not a result from String Theory. When Gerard 't hooft created the holographic principle, it had nothing to do with String Theory.

Well, I'll admit I'm not deeply familiar with the holographic principle but ...

"The holographic principle is a principle of string theories and a supposed property of quantum gravity that states that the description of a volume of space can be thought of as encoded on a lower-dimensional boundary to the region—preferably a light-likeboundary like a gravitational horizon."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holographic_principle

13 hours ago, Itoero said:

The words I used don't change the content of that video.

You have not said what you think the video says. We already know that there is no QM treatment of GR on the scale where it is required. So what is the video going to tell us that we don't already know? It shouldn't take 10 minutes to say that they are incompatible with each other.

(also, rule 2.7 basically says that "go watch this video" (by itself) is an unacceptable response)

On 10/22/2018 at 3:26 PM, Itoero said:

So you refuse to spend 10 minutes on a video that might debunk your belief system?

I have no idea what Dyson has to say that would debunk Swansont's 'belief system'.

On 10/22/2018 at 11:24 PM, swansont said:

Not when history tells me it will be a waste of my time.

Unless you are interested in the man, it is not very interesting. I am, a little, so I watched the video. The main 'shocking point' is that Dyson sees no reason why GR and QM should be reconciled. I did not find it very convincing, but hey, I am not a physicist. I just know that hordes of physicists do not agree.