Sudden combustion in water

Adri27

Hi all, 

A man told to take some green cardamoms, chew and spit in a glass jar, then take some water in my mouth hold for 2 minutes and spit into glass jar, as soon as the water entered the jar as I was closing the lid immediately flames started to erupt and fire happened in the jar, then it turned into smoke. 

All the tools were mine including water but he asked me put the cardamoms on a normal white sheet of paper (he had lots of paper on the side of his desk and he pulled out a random one) before I put it in my mouth. 

Any insight and explanation anyone can offer. Seriously looking for answers as I’m inexplicably thrown off guard to say the least. 

Thanks in in advance for your perspective.  

On 14/04/2018 at 1:10 PM, Adri27 said:

A man told to

1. Who was this man?

2. Did they ask for money?

3. Where did this take place?

take some green cardamoms

4. Where did the cardamom seeds come from? (Who supplied them; you or the man?)

chew and spit in a glass jar

5. Chew the seeds, presumably?

All the tools were mine including water

6. Why did you have these things with you?

Could you repeat the effect yourself at home? 

Was the jar you spat into your own or provided by the man?

I still think it is probably a magic trick - but am open to being proven wrong.

57 minutes ago, Strange said:

Searching online for this only shows results for this forum. Very bizarre. If it this is a real magic trick, then it seems that only people who visit this forum have experienced it!

Maybe it is quite new   (I invented a new magic trick myself and it got some praise for it on a magic forum I visit - I was very pleased to have invented a brand new trick :)) - if it is new then it could take a while for the effect to become known.

My guess is that he slipped a chemical into the glass as you were chewing that reacts with your spit to produce fire. Easy enough to do the slight of hand involved  -  finding the right liquid/powder might be harder though. I'm sure there must be something out there that would give that effect.

I went to see a Guru in Fairfield Sydney today. The same thing happened to me. I took the jar, cleaned it with a tissue, spat out the cardamom into the jar. After the mantras he told me to spit the water into the jar and it started crackling and caught fire. He told me he got the baby out but the mother and father were still there. He said he got hit by lightening from me and threw himself against the wall and his arm went limp and he held his chest.

5 metals to make 2 statues are needed to break the curse. 

Who makes the statues...where does the gold go? Do they sell it for money? 

The number i have for him is redacted

He goes by the name redacted

It's clearly nonsense - just because we (here on this thread) cannot explain it, it doesn't mean that it hasn't got a reasonable explanation like a simple magic trick with modern chems or something.

Even IF there does turn out to be some chemical reason to do with cardamom seed (which I am doubting more and more the more I hear and see) the explanation they are giving regarding the baby demon and the mother and father thing is still BS.

And that's a big if there - I mean - just look at it!....  look how large it is! 

Guys this is a scam, please do not trust them. They have a whole story set up to take $$$ from us naive people. 

The “experienced” guruji said he came to Melbourne from India to help his fathers family friends and because we have such a huge problem his “assistant” called him to Sydney to help us. DO NOT GIVE THEM ANYTHING!! Don’t pay them any money. 

They buy the statue for $25 and take the money which is meant to make the real statue with the five metals. It’s a ploy. They’re not actually sipiritually gifted. They are bloody scammers!! Using God as their business. 

I am seriously considering reporting them to the police. Would anyone be keen to give a written statement which I can provide to the police? 

Edited by Adri27

!

Moderator Note

I think this has gone beyond the OP somewhat now. I am removing phone numbers posted in a previous post - please do not share someone else's private info. 

For anyone new coming to this thread, these people are quite obviously scammers, and you should not give them money. Their trick with combustion of water is just that - a trick. I am closing this thread. Unfortunately, I am not sure what the recourse is for giving money over to snake oil salesmen like these. As some recent posters here are in Australia, I would recommend contacting the police and filing a complaint with the ACCC.