about humour

Itoero

1 minute ago, Itoero said:

So it's ok to insult someone when he deserves it according to your opinion?

If you think someone acts like a ***, his feelings don't matter?

Forgive me for making this forum such a dirty place.

!

Moderator Note

The post in question contained no insults to you. It was directly in reference to what you posted. Perhaps better words could have been used (koti: take note), but that’s as far as it goes. If you continue to take issue with that decision, please PM staff or send a report.

2 hours ago, Itoero said:

Why do you insult me? Immigration and racism is an issue in many countries you know...

You confused my comment with a personal attack which it obviously isn’t. You seem to be equally confused as to what is funny and what is not. You need to work on these things.

One thing I haven't really seen discussed here is my belief that certain jokes shouldn't be told because it normalises certain behaviors that most of us find aberrant. Such as racial, rape and pedophile jokes. In fact I just noticed a pedophile joke in the The official jokes section thread.

I think the wrong joke told at the right time could convince a racist that he's more the norm than he thought he was yesterday. Or convince a man thats having urges he hasn't acted on that hey everybody's doing it.

Just something to think about.

10 hours ago, Outrider said:

One thing I haven't really seen discussed here is my belief that certain jokes shouldn't be told because it normalises certain behaviors that most of us find aberrant. Such as racial, rape and pedophile jokes. In fact I just noticed a pedophile joke in the The official jokes section thread.

I think the wrong joke told at the right time could convince a racist that he's more the norm than he thought he was yesterday. Or convince a man thats having urges he hasn't acted on that hey everybody's doing it.

Just something to think about.

Deciding what you find funny and what you find merely offensively shocking is a normal development of a sophisticated wit. I personally don't like using words that describe the body or sexual behavior in an unnecessarily negative way. "Fuck" and "What the fuck?" are great expletives, and I really like fucking, but I really dislike when someone says they got "fucked over" by a car salesman, and I absolutely hate it when the worst insult someone can come up with is "Fuck you!"

Somebody somewhere along the line thought it would be funny and shocking to push a negative, rape-culture influenced agenda when it comes to talking about sex and our bodies. Juvenile, hateful feelings that never matured into understanding have given rise to this negative form of funny, and if you want to hurt someone (and make other juveniles laugh) you call them a pussy or a prick or a dick or an ass or a cunt or a twat. You hope they get screwed, you hope they're fucked, and (ironically) at the same time you wonder why people are so hung up sexually?

More to your point, Outrider, I think there will always be unsophisticated ignorance on the outskirts of every complicated issue. It's a normal reaction to ridicule what you don't understand, until you develop ways to see beyond your own base emotions. The things that used to trigger laughter become tempered with experience. It would be hard to laugh at an ice skater falling on his keister like you did when you were a teenager if later in life you watched someone drown after falling through a hole in the ice. 

• 1 month later...
On 3/22/2018 at 7:56 PM, CharonY said:
On 3/22/2018 at 7:43 PM, Strange said:

I agree completely with your post. But I'm sure there are quite a few people who would find offensive comments, with no deeper purpose other than to be offensive, very funny.

Fair enough. I mean, some folks find clowns funny.

ROFLOLMAO!

Ok, now that that's out of my system, here goes: I love politically incorrect jokes. Not because I like laughing about people who are different - after all, I am quite eccentric myself - but because it's a digestible format of news on what the bigots who run the world hate