Woodworking: Amateurs, Craftsmen, & In-Between

iNow

42 minutes ago, Sensei said:

It would be funnier, and self-paying, if you set up a couple of cameras around you on tripods while you work, and create a "how I did it" timelapse and then upload it to YouTube, Vimeo, TikTok, FB and IG..

I do like watching those when I'm trying something new; that would have been a good idea! Of course I'd have to bleep out the reactions I had when I discovered that a few of the very precise cuts I made were at the wrong end of the board, or when I'd just get done dragging my tools outside about 5 minutes before a thunderstorm rolled in. 😀

@zapatos Ten years ago+ I bought a video camera with selfie feature and found that it didn't have a built-in timelapse feature. So I started poking around how to send commands to the camera via USB (WiFi/BT unavailable) and wrote an application for the computer that sends these commands by wire and then automatically downloads the photo and deletes it from the camera's memory. A cool project in the C++ .NET Framework for a weekend with a beer (or ten)..

These days people merge 4x 2TB NVMe drives (RAID-0) to have one continuous 8 TB drive (600 USD investment), to be able to edit lengthy videos in UHD resolution (3840x2160). The better input source resolution, the better final quality on-line..

If you're doing timelapse, the sound/voice is added post-factum, so you'll tell what you want to the people watching it. They would have had no idea of the error if you hadn't said so.

Edited by Sensei