Is there a possiblity of something beyond a hyperspace

14 minutes ago, studiot said:

I can't find it either, but I have given up finding old threads on this 'new improved' Scienceforums.

Yes that thread does contain a hint before that long exposition from Xerxes, but is not the one I was thinking of.

I think it would be too far off topic to reproduce the presentation here, but if you would like to start a new thread to discuss what happens when you place a vector at some point in a vector field and then try to rotate it we could try again there.

You mean parallel transport?(it has been on my mind)

Edited by geordief

12 minutes ago, geordief said:

You mean parallel transport?(it has been on my mind)

No, parallel transport refers to translation, not rotation.

I mean the connection of vectors (leading on to tensors) to 'hyperspace', that I am reluctant to expand on here

On 1/5/2018 at 9:50 PM, Pandothemic said:

Recently I really got into Michio Kaku and the string theory and a question popped up in my mind that he didn't really explain or talk about. If the 11 dimensional hyperspace is truly as the "arena" of universe that have their own dimensions, does the hyperspace itself have the same property of a space and therefore has it's own dimension too ? And by those standards if a hyperspace is still "just" a space ,is there anything beyond it ? 

P.S.:I am not a scientist nor a student of science, so please try to respond in simpler terms. Also I'm just very superficially knowledgeable in this subject, so sorry beforehand for any errors in thought.

Are you speaking of Kaku's book Hyperspace? I have read it too, and like you I'm not a scientist either, but I have also read much more then just Kaku's book. String theory and its derivitives, while seemingly being mathematically beautiful, are at this time all still speculative and hypothetical. The simple facts are that despite some impressive technology, like the LHC, as yet, we simply cannot observe at such tiny scales to verify one way or the other.

I'm certainly not knocking string theory, or any other potential quantum gravity theory just yet, but until we have the ability and technology, or other evidence to support them, they remain just interesting discussion points.