Kurzweil

Apex Anomaly

I've always been a fan of Ray's. I read his book and love his ideas and the product of his labor. It's truly amazing to see what Google is doing with AI under his leadership, but... It's just hear say at this point but it's nothing I didn't suspect from him. Allegedly he weaseled his way into the upper echelon. I guess it doesn't matter much but it is kind of humiliating to hear that you believed in a fraud, especially when all of Google's products involving AI are so game changing.

I, for one, am utterly embarrassed because I am inclined to believe it, as are other highly respected people. It's eerily quiet when it comes to rejecting this notion.

Edited by Apex Anomaly

Ray is, allegedly, a plagiarizer. If that's true then it's a serious embarrassment on all of the establishments that not only supported him but went to the length of giving him honorary doctorates without asking him to show his work.

A lie of this magnitude could be a serious scandal and already is a serious scandal to those who have passed on this information.

Edited by Apex Anomaly

49 minutes ago, Apex Anomaly said:

I honor the discretion of those who allegedly know. I can't provide evidence. I beg your pardon.

Then please stop spreading rumours.  You are laying yourself open to a charge of libel. That can carry severe financial penalties. (Not to mention the fact that it is impolite and makes you look like a fool.)

Thread reported to staff.

Edited by Area54

15 hours ago, Apex Anomaly said:

I honor the discretion of those who allegedly know. I can't provide evidence. I beg your pardon.

!

Moderator Note

Then there's nothing to discuss.

Don't make (or repeat) such accusations without evidence.