A Squirrel called Igor

DrKrettin

My son has a house with a garden which has a resident squirrel (garden, not house). He has challenged me to work out why the family has named it Igor. Does anyone have an idea why? There must be some connection which I'm unaware of. All suggestions welcome in helping me to cheat.

Igor sounds like somebody from Addams Family..

Maybe he started eating meat.. instead of vegetables.. ?

ps. 6 hours ago I rescued life of squirrel, because dog (called Max) wanted to kill him in the park forest.. Nearly, nearly, and I would have to punch dog, and later owner..

Edited by Sensei

3 hours ago, interested said:

Is your son a programmer perhaps http://cires1.colorado.edu/jimenez-group/wiki/index.php/ToF-AMS_Analysis_Software

caption Squirrel (ToF-AMS Unit Resolution Analysis Software)

Maybe there is a cartoon character, named Igor. Igor was also Dr Frankensteins side kick.

Nice try, but no he's not. He has just revealed the reason for the name: Stravinsky did not compose the Nutcracker.  I'm still trying to work that one out. I can think of plenty of people who did not compose the Nutcracker.

23 hours ago, DrKrettin said:

Nice one! 

From the following link http://publishing.cdlib.org/ucpressebooks/view?docId=ft967nb647;chunk.id=0;doc.view=print

And later he recalled his impatience with the naive story element in The Firebird, those portions of the scenario that had corresponded with the more strictly narrative, pantomime sections of the dance. After the 1919 concert suite he preferred this abridged version to the original ballet.[5]

All of which is not to deny, in the case of The Rite or, indeed, any of the ballets, the intimacy of Stravinsky's contact with the scenario and its stage action, both before and during actual composition. In a letter to Roerich dated September 26, 1911, apparently written just after he had begun to compose, Stravinsky writes about a passage from the "Augurs of Spring": "The music is coming out very fresh and new. The picture of the old woman in a squirrel fur sticks in my mind. She is constantly before my eyes as I compose the 'Divination with Twigs': I see her run-

1 hour ago, interested said:

From the following link http://publishing.cdlib.org/ucpressebooks/view?docId=ft967nb647;chunk.id=0;doc.view=print

And later he recalled his impatience with the naive story element in The Firebird, those portions of the scenario that had corresponded with the more strictly narrative, pantomime sections of the dance. After the 1919 concert suite he preferred this abridged version to the original ballet.[5]

All of which is not to deny, in the case of The Rite or, indeed, any of the ballets, the intimacy of Stravinsky's contact with the scenario and its stage action, both before and during actual composition. In a letter to Roerich dated September 26, 1911, apparently written just after he had begun to compose, Stravinsky writes about a passage from the "Augurs of Spring": "The music is coming out very fresh and new. The picture of the old woman in a squirrel fur sticks in my mind. She is constantly before my eyes as I compose the 'Divination with Twigs': I see her run-

Lady Gaga  in a raw pelt?(apparently she has been hospitalized and is suffering from a generalized fibromyalgia)

Interesting background to  this oeuvre. The past was the present (and future) once.

Not sure if it is interesting or even particularly relevant  but there were also riots at the opening of "The Playboy of the Western World" at the Abbey Theatre ,Dublin in 1907)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Playboy_of_the_Western_World

Edited by geordief

SeQUential Igor data RetRiEvaL -- SQUIRREL

San Francisco, CA, October 7, 2014 – Prepare to defend your tree while battling your enemies – the other squirrels. IGORLABS today announced that SquirrelWarz is now available for iPad for $1.99.