Account Activation

Randolpin

2 minutes ago, Randolpin said:

In the other forums. Even here, I only uses twitter which autoactivates.

There is normally a registration form where you provide email and password. Then you usually get an email with a link you need to click (to confirm it is your own email address). If you don't get the email, check your spam folder as it may have been wrongly identified as spam or junk mail.

1 minute ago, Strange said:

There is normally a registration form where you provide email and password. Then you usually get an email with a link you need to click (to confirm it is your own email address). If you don't get the email, check your spam folder as it may have been wrongly identified as spam or junk mail.

Thank you. But where can I find my spam folder?

1 minute ago, Randolpin said:

How to receive my activation email?

When you registered, was it said they would send an activation email? I think Mods often have to send the e-mail....they can chose not to send one. You have to wait.

Please excuse for not knowing how to check my email. That is my problem in registering any forums. Now I ask: When I made an email, what application or website to check it and to know any notifications of it. I tried it in email app but it doesn't work.

5 minutes ago, Randolpin said:

That is my problem. I don't know how to check my email. What particular website to check my email?

Do you have an email address?

If so, how do you read your email?

If not, you will need to create an email account with Google, Hotmail, Outlook, Yahoo, or whatever. (Does Yahoo still exist?)

1 minute ago, Strange said:

Do you have an email address?

If so, how do you read your email?

If not, you will need to create an email account with Google, Hotmail, Outlook, Yahoo, or whatever. (Does Yahoo still exist?)

So that's what I need to do first. Create email account using google, etc. before using it to register in any forums?

What I did is that I directly made an email to the registration process without using google or etc.

Thank you for clarifying by the way. :)

3 minutes ago, Randolpin said:

So that's what I need to do first. Create email account using google, etc. before using it to register in any forums?

What I did is that I directly made an email to the registration process without using google or etc.

Thank you for clarifying by the way. :)

So does this mean you have never used email before? How did you create your Twitter account? Surely that needs an email address?

And how did you provide an email address to the registration process if you don't have an email address?

I am very confused! 

7 minutes ago, Strange said:

So does this mean you have never used email before? How did you create your Twitter account? Surely that needs an email address?

And how did you provide an email address to the registration process if you don't have an email address?

I am very confused! 

I made an email address for my twitter account and  it also requires activation. But I don't wait for the activation message. I did not receive it because I don't know how to.I just register to this forum using my twitter account and now, I autoactivated. 

I use emails. I have gmail, yahoo mail but the activation process in registering forums, I don't know how.

Edited by Randolpin
grammar

2 minutes ago, Randolpin said:

I use emails. I have gmail, yahoo mail but the activation process in registering forums, I don't know how.

Do you know how to read your email? If you use email, you must know how to read your email. No?

You just give the website your email address and they will send you an email to activate the account. You click on the link in the email and that proves that you can read your email. 

Let's take it one step at a time.

You say: "I use emails. I have gmail, yahoo mail"

But then you say: "I don't know how to check my email."

So does this mean you have created email accounts but have never used them?

To be more specific: have you ever sent someone an email? Have you then read their reply?

Edited by Strange

2 minutes ago, Strange said:

Let's take it one step at a time.

You say: "I use emails. I have gmail, yahoo mail"

But then you say: "I don't know how to check my email."

So does this mean you have created email accounts but have never used them?

What I mean is that I use emails in the registration which is not registered in either gmail, yahoo mail etc.