How to make the economy good again?

fredreload

My idea is to out source jobs to as many countries as possible.

Couple months ago I was talking with scientist who was working on special drone type for pollinate vegetables and fruits (instead of bees).

I proposed him new type of drone for harvesting fruits (actually grapes, because my grapes started growing 5-8 meters on the tree, and I couldn't reach them):

it would be flying automatically and computer analyzing image from camera would detect fruits,

and give control to human, to actually made precise cut of bunch of grapes. And then automatically fly away to the base. After releasing it, search for yet another bunch of grapes.

Humans doing this could be in Africa or Asia, or other 3rd world country, doing job through Internet, and being paid for this job without having to move to western countries.

Robots in factories in western countries could be programmed this way, they do what they can automatically but occasionally give control to real human through Internet (so he/she can be anywhere in the world), in areas hard to program which needs precision..

My idea is to out source jobs to as many countries as possible.

The outsourcing of manufacturing and other jobs to other countries is, combined with the poor economic, the reason that Trump won the election (and the the UK voted for Brexit and other extremists are winning around the world) in the hope that it would reverse this trend. It probably won't.

And why is this in "Speculations" rather than Politics? It is not a speculative scientific idea or hypothesis.

The outsourcing of manufacturing and other jobs to other countries is, combined with the poor economic, the reason that Trump won the election (and the the UK voted for Brexit and other extremists are winning around the world) in the hope that it would reverse this trend. It probably won't.

And why is this in "Speculations" rather than Politics? It is not a speculative scientific idea or hypothesis.

Doctor Strange, I don't want this to be involved with politics. Our sourcing job is good, I mean from my point of view in Taiwan I've always wanted to work in an American company. Higher pay and better vacation days. With that said it seems it is almost not possible for companies to be out sourced to America. I mean I'd like to see that famous noodle chain or Chinese restaurant in America from Taiwan lol. Thing is staying rather stagnant, and yes without having a programming way of running this algorithm I wouldn't know how it would turn out, but I thought this would be an interesting idea

What, exactly, do you mean by making the economy good again? For example, more jobs, higher paying jobs, lower cost staples, stock values increasing, lower inflation, etc.

Hmm, just make it better lol, more jobs are good, higher paying is good. In Taiwan the cost of goods have been rising, yet the salary does not increase. I'm earning 36000NT a month, divide it by 30 to get dollars. How I wish I can get a U.S. salary job, could it be I don't have enough skills, could be, since I'm rather lazy lol. I'm worried about stock as a friend mentioned that it contains risk, so it's not the first thing I look into. Well if I open a restaurant in America it would be good, embrace the whole multiculturalism situation

Corporations are automating rather than hiring. That AlphaGo beat a strong Go master, that cars are driving themselves, and AI deep learning is general purpose means AI can be trained to do just about anything from medical diagnosis to writing fiction. Moreover, robots are becoming very agile and relatively inexpensive. Jobs are being automated faster than new jobs are being created. I think you need to reconsider what can be done to improve the economy because technology is changing things in new ways that make it difficult to predict what will happen. Things that once worked cannot as automation takes almost all jobs. We need to rethink the way we live.

Doctor Strange, I don't want this to be involved with politics.

The question is essentially political.

Our sourcing job is good, I mean from my point of view in Taiwan I've always wanted to work in an American company.

So outsourcing (in America) is clearly good for the countries where the outsourced jobs are. Not so good, possibly, for those whose jobs have been replaced.

Corporations are automating rather than hiring. That AlphaGo beat a strong Go master, that cars are driving themselves, and AI deep learning is general purpose means AI can be trained to do just about anything from medical diagnosis to writing fiction. Moreover, robots are becoming very agile and relatively inexpensive. Jobs are being automated faster than new jobs are being created. I think you need to reconsider what can be done to improve the economy because technology is changing things in new ways that make it difficult to predict what will happen. Things that once worked cannot as automation takes almost all jobs. We need to rethink the way we live.

I agree automation is picking up. This is where human use their head for money, we have consciousness, and that is something machine lacks. Let it be drawing or writing codes or writing a story, we need to put our consciousness into doing what would be useful with our minds. Robots can't think

The question is essentially political.

So outsourcing (in America) is clearly good for the countries where the outsourced jobs are. Not so good, possibly, for those whose jobs have been replaced.

This is where it becomes multicultural, we got McDonalds here in Taiwan, but we don't have that noodle shop in America. Who is to say if that would be ideal for the economy, but I sense this idea has potential

P.S. Think of different countries as more like a container

Edited by fredreload

My idea is to out source jobs to as many countries as possible. But any ideas are welcomed here, stocks, investments, you call it.

P.S. Let me know if this thread is in the right place

!

Moderator Note

No, it's not. In speculations you are expected to have some kind of model to present, or data that supports your idea. You have none.

If this were posted in politics, then you would be expected to cite some kind of mainstream economic ideas to explain why this would work. So, in the event you re-introduce the idea, consider that. Assertions need to be backed up, regardless of where you post.