• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 Joshua Chasseur

Joshua Chasseur

Quark

• New Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 11 September 2016 - 02:00 AM

Do women being lighter than men have something to do with it?

#22 Strange

Strange

SuperNerd

• Senior Members
  • 12,859 posts
  • Location珈琲店

Posted 11 September 2016 - 02:38 PM

Do women being lighter than men have something to do with it?

Are women lighter than men? (And do you mean lighter in colour or lighter in weight?)

But as the attractiveness of lighter or darker skin appears to be purely cultural (as others have noted) it is hard to see how it could be relevant.

If there were some such correlation, then it could be that in cultures where paler women are considered more attractive then a proportion of women will attempt to make themselves appear paler. Ditto for darker skin.

Edited by Strange, 11 September 2016 - 02:39 PM.

#23 fredreload

fredreload

Molecule

• Senior Members
  • 460 posts

Posted 13 September 2016 - 11:27 AM

Well, it's all about personal preference, some prefer Asian girls, some prefer American girls, I prefer both being Asian

#24 seriously disabled

seriously disabled

Baryon

• Senior Members
  • 488 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 05:36 PM

I think that some men are irresistible to women because they are much better-looking than other men so they can get affection and intimacy from women more often and much more easily.

I think that looks are basically everything when it comes to human sexual attraction. This is true in humans as well as in other higher animals.

Good-looking men have much higher chances of getting reciprocal affection (and sex) from good-looking women and vice versa.

#25 Delta1212

Delta1212

Primate

• Senior Members
  • 2,566 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 05:55 PM

I think that is slightly hyperbolic in that no one is "irresistible" and looks are not "everything."

They are quite important, though. No denying that.

#26 Arete

Arete

Biology Expert

• Resident Experts
  • 1,492 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 20 March 2017 - 06:50 PM

The evolution of skin color in humans is a well characterized trade off between vitamin D synthesis, and susceptibility to UV damage. The relative "attractiveness"  of melanistic skin is, I imagine largely cultural and variable between populations, and individuals within populations. 

#27 Fabricio

Fabricio

Lepton

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 5 April 2017 - 02:33 PM

I also believe it is a cultural thing. In the past people did not want to have dark skin as it was like if you were low class and work in the fields. Nowadays I think it is more of a personal taste thing, I personally have always been attracted to darker skin.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users