Does any thing in this life affect or mutate the genetical structure permanently?

sooroor

Does any thing in this life affect the genetical structure permanently? I heard that genetics evolve slowly but could there be a sudden genetic mutation in the human body , if yes is it or not impossible to correct ?

Feel free to share any information that might -even if slightly-help

Thanks , regards.

I meant chromosomes in general,

Genetics is commonly attributed to reproduction but I mean the word genetics as it originally means or absolute meaning : from "gens" DNA sequences of a chromosome that being said - do you have any information?

Well as I said many syndromes develop as a result of some damage to reproductive cells the sperm, egg or in early fetal development. One such syndrome is called smith-magenis syndrome. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smith%E2%80%93Magenis_syndromeAs for the exact mechanism of how such changes occur I am not 100% sure of I asked here previously.

Radiation. Various toxic chemicals

I haven't heard of those affecting all cells though.

Bone marrow transplants can have surprising effects; people have ended with different blood types afterwards.

But is that really changing human chromosomes?? Changing their bone marrow yes. As for whether we can change human chromosomes, human cloning is illegal here.

It is, in the cells affected.

Yeah, but does it affect genetic code of original bone marrow cells in the host or is it just that the implant reproduces and proliferates faster and takes over blood cells production?

Radiation. Various toxic chemicals. Random errors in cell reproduction.

I'd also like to add viruses.

Yeah, but does it affect genetic code of original bone marrow cells in the host or is it just that the implant reproduces and proliferates faster and takes over blood cells production?

True. It is a replacement.

I'd also like to add viruses.

I suppose that is more likely to affect all (or a large proportion) of the cells in the body. (If that was part of the original question. Which it doesn't seem to be.)