British Spellcheck?

Microsoft Word? Of course you could create your own dictionary.

I meant for in the SFN reply boxes. I don't know why, after 5 years posting here, but it's annoying me a bit now that it wants me to spell the US way.

I meant for in the SFN reply boxes. I don't know why, after 5 years posting here, but it's annoying me a bit now that it wants me to spell the US way.

Are you using firefox? SFN uses your browser's inbuilt dictionary it doesn't spell check. If you want the English spelling you can misspell something then right click. Under check spelling add dictionary and install the English uk language pack.

Google chrome goto chrome://settings/addLanguage and install the English uk/British language pack/dictionary.

Opera is same as chrome opera://settings/languages

Internet explorer doesn't come with spell check.

Edited by fiveworlds

Yes it does.

Tools

Internet Options

Manage Add-ons

Spelling Correction

There is a UK English option as well as an option to download other dictionaries.

Are you using firefox? SFN uses your browser's inbuilt dictionary it doesn't spell check. If you want the English spelling you can misspell something then right click. Under check spelling add dictionary and install the English uk language pack.

Google chrome goto chrome://settings/addLanguage and install the English uk/British language pack/dictionary.

Opera is same as chrome opera://settings/languages

I'm using FF. I right-clicked in the text box and selected Add dictionary > British English. Sorted. Thank you. :)

Are you suggesting that the spellcheck is run by the site and not your computer's browser? I don't think that's the case.

IE11 spellchecks for me, in British as well.

You are using the same IE version as me. I bothered logged in and got this notification. Clicked allow seems to work now.

tiOxOFq.png?1

I went off and learned the code for spellcheck too it is an attribute called spellcheck. for example

<textarea spellcheck="true"></textarea>

it only works on elements that have the contenteditable attribute set to true for example

<body contenteditable="true" spellcheck="true"></body>

The lang attribute sets the language spellcheck uses it is often used incorrectly to style elements in different languages

<body lang="en" contenteditable="true" spellcheck="true"></body>

lang=en is the code for us english (united states) spellcheck and will only work if the browser has the dictionary installed. Other examples are fr (french). English Uk is lang=en-GB

Edited by fiveworlds