blood surface tension ... very important

Fared

Hello everybody
help me plz i have a research on
" temperature dependence of blood surface tension "
I tried to find any thing about it and i didn't
plz help me with any references , names of books , Pdfs , anything
thank you :(

THE SURFACE TENSION OF BLOOD SERUM, AND THE DETERMINATION OF THE SURFACE TENSION OF BIOLOGICAL FLUIDS

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC434787/

Temperature Dependence of Blood Surface Tension (PDF direct download link)

https://duckduckgo.com/l/?kh=-1&uddg=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.biomed.cas.cz%2Fphysiolres%2Fpdf%2Fprepress%2F1306.pdf

Got them from here. Look for more as you wish:

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=blood+surface+tension+temperature+dependence

DuckDuckGO search engine seems to be better for academic searches than Google

thanks my friend but i have searched before and i found only a pdf that isn't enough

That is not what you said in your first post. You said you wanted anything. If you needed something else, why didn't you say? You even specifically said that you were looking for pdfs! :rolleyes:

And, again not to be too much of a smart ass, the very first link in the Google search gives you exactly what you claim to be looking for. The abstract even gave you the best fit regression the authors found, you didn't even have to download the paper.

Am I the only one who is wondering how the temperature dependence of the surface tension of blood is very important.

Essentially, if it's not pretty close to 37C the surface tension isn't the issue.

Exactly. Although the only place I can think of the surface tension of blood of being of importance is the smallest vessels where gaseous exchange takes place eg the alveoli of the lungs. The lungs can be a significant loss of body heat in cold and dry circumstances. I don't know if this change in temperature of the blood is enough to cause a change in the surface tension and thus the ability to exchange gases.

Although the only place I can think of the surface tension of blood of being of importance is the smallest vessels where gaseous exchange takes place eg the alveoli of the lungs.

My first thought was tiny wounds and the extent to what a blood drop can seal it. Well, actually that was my 2nd thought. The first one was that surface tension is not a property of a substance but the property of an interface between two phases. But after reading this thread (and the Wikipedia article) I get the impression that in most fields it is commonly agreed upon that surface tension of a substance refers to the surface tension of said substance with air.

Anyhow, add "+1" to the list of "I am curious to know what this is important for".

A number of random things that it could be relevant for would maybe be capillary membrane oxygenators for extracorporeal lung support, where leakages are an issue. I am not sure whether all systems have temp control, there still could be temperature drops during movement through the capillaries. Likewise it may also have influence on biocompatibility of other biomedical devices through which blood may pass? Another point could be analytic systems for blood analyses.

That is not what you said in your first post. You said you wanted anything. If you needed something else, why didn't you say? You even specifically said that you were looking for pdfs! :rolleyes:

And, again not to be too much of a smart ass, the very first link in the Google search gives you exactly what you claim to be looking for. The abstract even gave you the best fit regression the authors found, you didn't even have to download the paper.

Sorry i didn't explain that in my first post , with u the first link in Google search gives me what i looking for, but I am preparing the graduation research, of course this pdf isn't enough in addition my doctor who supervise on my research, refused this pdf and said to me " take the introduction only " so i want more references

Fared, you are getting adverse responses because you are not helping others to help you.

You say this is postgraduate research, but haven't given any indication of what research.

So folks are just guessing.

At postgraduate level I would expect the statement "The temperature dependence of blood surface tension" to be much better qualified.

For instance blood?

What sort of blood?, are you going to compare blood from different species, making more sense of the different temperatures?

What about the age of the blood?

The physical properties of stored stored human blood changes with length of storage, there is already published rersearch about this in respect of IV pumps.

So set your stall out properly.

Sorry i didn't explain that in my first post , with u the first link in Google search gives me what i looking for, but I am preparing the graduation research, of course this pdf isn't enough in addition my doctor who supervise on my research, refused this pdf and said to me " take the introduction only " so i want more references

So then you need to look at the references cited in that paper and go backwards in time. Then use something like Web of Science to see what papers cited this paper after it was published. Then look at the references of those papers. Then use Web of Science to look up what else cites those papers, and so on. If you are trying to undertake serious research, you should learn to use tools like this well. If you don't know of these tools, then I suggest you become good friends with the workers at your institute's library and ask them to help you out. Learn their interlibrary loan policies. Because your library won't have all the papers, but they will be able to get access to a very large number of them.

I am sorry, but the average forum member here isn't going to be able to help you do this. You're going to have to do it yourself. Developing your own good library and information searching skills will pay off many thousand fold.