Cleanest soil in the world?

Anopsology

Is there any where in the world that has soil that is completely unpolluted from air pollution and heavy metals?

A place where you could grow any kind of fruit you wanted

You need to be a lot more specific inasmuch as heavy metals occur naturally in soils. Moreover, the danger of heavy metals as far as plants go is in many cases not because the plants uptake the metals, but because dust or soil particles containing the metals get on the surface of the produce.*

*Toxic Heavy Metals in Farm Soil

If you have concerns about the soil in a specific place, take a sample and get it tested. You can run, but you can't hide.

Are yo

Pikinni Atoll would be pretty decent. Has never had any heavy industry and maintains tropical weather all year round.

Are you suggesting the cleanest soil is in a place where they did heavy Nuclear Testing??? I don't think so my friend

Edited by Anopsology

Are you suggesting the cleanest soil is in a place where they did heavy Nuclear Testing??? I don't think so my friend

You mean the planet Earth?

There are relative degrees of clean, but you won't find "completely unpolluted" anywhere. Good thing too, as certain heavy metals are critical for human life.

Indeed, I don't really see anyone function without trace amounts of copper (cytochrome oxidase), cobalt (vitamin B12), molybdenum (xantine oxidase, aldehyde oxidase) and iron (hemoglobine) in their bodies.

• 7 months later...

Is there any where in the world that has soil that is completely unpolluted from air pollution and heavy metals?

A place where you could grow any kind of fruit you wanted

My back yard? There are not very many places where the soil too polluted to grow fruit, I am sure there are some but you will have to be more specific, Heavy metals occur naturally in most of the planets soils and you would have to define what you mean by polluted.