Are there any health benefits for men who undertake semen therapy?

Mr Rayon

all I saw on the links there is that women who use condoms during sex have higher risk of breast cancer

nothing about swallowing semen

*don’t trust the internet, trust the citations(applies for “they say” statements too)

**i look upon this with great distrust, there’s no wikipedia page for it...

all I saw on the links there is that women who use condoms during sex have higher risk of breast cancer

nothing about swallowing semen

*don’t trust the internet, trust the citations(applies for “they say” statements too)

**i look upon this with great distrust, there’s no wikipedia page for it...

dmaiski! dude, if we are going to get this urban legend going you have to stop pointing out the reality of the situation... :rolleyes:

urban legends always amuse me...

I have heard people say that it is best to recycle one's own semen whenever an ejaculation takes place. This prevents the loss of many essential vitamins & minerals + protein + a bunch of other good stuff that the body can reuse. I have also heard people describe semen as a 'protein shake'.

What do you do with your semen after undertaking sexual intercourse with a condom?

What is the scientific community's opinion about recycling one's own semen to keep the nutrients you excrete from being lost but reused by the body once more?

What is best done with it?

What do you do with your excess semen after sex?

Edited by Mr Rayon

I have heard people say that it is best to recycle one's own semen whenever an ejaculation takes place. This prevents the loss of many essential vitamins & minerals + protein + a bunch of other good stuff that the body can reuse. I have also heard people describe semen as a 'protein shake'.

What do you do with your semen after undertaking sexual intercourse with a condom?

What is the scientific community's opinion about recycling one's own semen to keep the nutrients you excrete from being lost but reused by the body once more?

What is best done with it?

What do you do with your excess semen after sex?

Do you bother to recycle your own sweat, urine, blood, feces, or farts? Even if there is some small benefit, I think the gross factor and psycological trauma induced (unless you're into that kind of stuff, and I would hazard a guess that most aren't) would more than negate it.

Do you bother to recycle your own sweat, urine, blood, feces, or farts? Even if there is some small benefit, I think the gross factor and psycological trauma induced (unless you're into that kind of stuff, and I would hazard a guess that most aren't) would more than negate it.

Faeces is essentially pure human waste. It contains a lot of bacteria and consuming it could cause a lot of health problems/diseases.

Urine is usually sterile but again contains many substances that your body naturally tries to get rid of that is not essential to good health.

Sweat is hard to collect and drink again. Farts smell awful.

After thorough research, Johnson and Everitt in their book, Essential Reproduction (2000), and L. Paget in her, How to Give Her Absolute Pleasure (2000), reveal that a man’s semen really does contain high nutritional content. In one typical ejaculation (approximately one teaspoon), semen already contains 150 mg of protein, 11 mg of carbohydrates, 6 mg fat, 3 mg cholesterol, 7% US RDA potassium and 3$ US RDA copper and zinc. Indeed, the semen of a man contains high nutritional value.

http://healthmad.com/addiction/weird-facts-about-semen/2/

Many women also claim that semen is very tasty (in healthy men who eat lots of pineapples) but this can vary slightly depending who you ask.

150 mg of protein is a lot of protein. That surpasses a lot of protein bars in terms of protein content.

Think of how many meals your body would need to have to make up for those loss of nutrients. As you can see, it's not exactly a "small benefit" but a great one if everyone recycled their semen or someone elses.

The problem with our world is that we are living in a too consumerist society. We are constantly pressured to consume more and more healthy foods but never recycle what good we already have.

you know, you could get all that nutritional value from eating a nice steak as well.

its your choice really but I don’t see any distinct benefits it could give, unless semen contains some specific receptor binding proteins or something that will give a benefit when ingested(I don’t know if this is true, ball is in your court to show evidence).

According to this

http://www.livestrong.com/article/503814-the-recommended-dietary-allowance-of-carbohydrates/

the RDA of carbohydrates is 130g

So at 11mg i.e 0.011 grams per ejaculation the daily intake needs about about 12000 ejaculations. Even very rude comments don't do justice to how ridiculous that idea is.

"150 mg of protein is a lot of protein"

Not really.

The RDA is about 50g according to this

http://www.cdc.gov/nutrition/everyone/basics/protein.html

you would need a (slightly) more manageable 330 ejaculations per day.

However that would get you about 330*3 i.e. about 1000 mg of cholesterol.

That's about three times the RDA.