Has any one heard about Quantum Mind Power??

edward.cole

Recently, a friend of mine told me about Quantum Mind Power. I found it interesting and have researched it a bit and found many interesting facts. For example, I discovered that it’s really a way which can transform the whole process of how we perceive things and therefore experience situations. It appears there are those that believe that we can actually create our experiences, in every detail. Any thoughts?

I found it interesting and have researched it a bit and found many interesting facts.
Facts would be a very good thing to post here. We would all be interested in seeing some facts (but please don't link us offsite to something you're promoting, that will just be deleted).
For example, I discovered that it’s really a way which can transform the whole process of how we perceive things and therefore experience situations.
How is this an example of a fact?
It appears there are those that believe that we can actually create our experiences, in every detail.
I see the problem here. "Those that believe" are not using the scientific method to quantify their predictions about an observation.

Moved to Speculations.

I think that instead of attacking a new user that tries to ask a question a lot of people are struggling with, we should explain why those ideas are incorrect. Saying "It's bunk" offhand might actually drive people to think we are dogmatically dismissing ideas offhand instead of what the actual truth is - that it really does have no connection to reality.

edward.cole,

The word "Quantum" appeals to people because it is a subject in physics that people don't understand much of. It speaks a lot of statistics and 'dual existence' (of particles), so a lot of pseudoscientists take on to claim that it has possibilities about mind or existence behaving the same.

The reason it's bunk is first and foremost because it has nothing to do with one another; Quantum physics speaks of the very small particles and their behaviours. It doesn't speak of the brain, or existence, at all. It's very easy to jumble those subjects, so people do. It's also quite cool to talk about psychology and pseudopsychology so people do. "You can be anything you want to be if you only think good thoughts" is a common thread between those pseudoscientist ideas, like "What the @#$% do we know".

It's bunk also because there's absolutely no proof of any sort of correlation between Quantum mechanics / Quantum physics and a human mind, brain, or existence.

Hope that helped.

~moo

only if you buy into the idea that cabbages are the most sentient form of life and are working in secret with the elephants to take over the world in 2012

That's just disinformation put out by the wire coathangers.

I think to truly experience what we wish first we must be fully in this reality, fully in this moment – and most people are stuck in their brain, in the regretting the past and fearing the future. Second is to clearly create a picture of that which you intend to experience. Then, in your prayers or meditations or visualizations or holocreations, simply move the pictures and thoughts of this new reality you wish to experience into your current meditative, reflective states. You may like this brief outline: Quantum Mind Power ; it truly is amazing. To apply this science personally, using your Conscious Quantum Mind Power, essentially follow these 4 steps:

1) Stop practicing affirmations. Affirmations are flat. You must add passion to your thoughts.

2) Stop thinking about what you don't want and generally reduce the number of thoughts you have (as most thoughts have fears and limitations attached to them).

3) Know what you do want and focus on it, charge those thoughts with emotion (passion).

4) Then, the master’s step: Embrace the (new) reality!

Check out the link for more info.

oookay then.

Word salad, quackery, no proofs, mixing psychological enthusiasm with physics concepts, and a touch of condescending preacher'y.

I am not too much for ridiculing anything, but this above post is quite ridiculous. You are in a science forum, liyon, not in a church. Don't preach, debate. Either you have evidence to support your case, or you don't. Using nice words and enthusiastic uplifting will not convince anyone.

Also, before you get into a physical concept, I suggest you try to learn what it means.

There's nothing in Quantum Physics about meditation, prayer, human experiences or psyche. Nothing at all.

~moo

oookay then.

Word salad, quackery, no proofs, mixing psychological enthusiasm with physics concepts, and a touch of condescending preacher'y.

I am not too much for ridiculing anything, but this above post is quite ridiculous. You are in a science forum, liyon, not in a church. Don't preach, debate. Either you have evidence to support your case, or you don't. Using nice words and enthusiastic uplifting will not convince anyone.

Also, before you get into a physical concept, I suggest you try to learn what it means.

There's nothing in Quantum Physics about meditation, prayer, human experiences or psyche. Nothing at all.

~moo

I wouldn't entirely agree with the latter. Consciousness (as many scientists have come to agree on), may indeed have a quantum explanation. It's just that we don't know how to because of the complexities.

well, its quantum in the case that the hardware relies on quantum mechanical interactions to function(chemistry is dependant on quantum mechanical interactions of the electrons of the atoms).

BUT that is not what 99.99% of the people talking about 'quantum conciousness' are talking about. they generally have some crap about atoms being aware and often resort to the alchemical elements, typically those of either early europe or early chinese cultures.

What is the scientific nature of Quanta? Quantum is an indivisible entity of energy. Quanta (plural for quantum) are packets of this sub-atomic energy. When we try to look past quanta, it vanishes. Quanta are waves and particles, mass and non-mass, matter and non-matter. It is measurable and immeasurable, real and not real, visible and not visible... all at the same time – inherently dualistic. It is completely "opposite", physical and non-physical, in the same place, space and time, contrary to the current classical (and still widely accepted) laws of physics.

What in the world does any of that have to do with the mind? Well, there's one other point: Quanta, the building blocks of everything in the universe, appear only when we observe it. The very act of observation brings it to life; again standing popular physics on its side. To bring the mind into context, we first must briefly comment on brain function.

The whole ordeal is based upon an extremely poor understanding and horrible misrepresentation of quantum mechanics. The bold is patently false and the italics fall under the "this isn't right... this isn't even wrong" heading.

The big misunderstanding that occurs with Quantum Mechanics, is with the word "Observe" (and Observer).

There is one interpretation of that word (by the way not put forth by scientists or even accepted by them), that the word Observe relates to a conscious observer.

However, the science is very clear on what "Observe" means (and what an "Observer" is). What it means is: Something interacting.

There is absolutely no mention of it needing consciousness.

This misunderstanding comes from other uses of the word "Observe", as in: A scientist observed the interference pattern in the two slit experiment.

Think of it like the work "like". You can "like" something, which means that you find it nice, or something can be "like" something else, which means that it is similar.

It is the same word, but a different meaning.

What people who are talking about quantum consciousness have done is the equivalent of someone saying: I like ice cream, and then concluding that the person thinks they are similar to ice cream because the word "like" cna be used to mean"Similar".

In Quantum Mechanics, the word "Observe" means to interact. And, yes, the word "Observe" can mean for a conscious person to see something", but in this case it does not. It means: To interact.

And from that Observer means: The thing interacting.

So when scientists sate that "the Wave Function collapses" when an observer observe it, what they are saying is that when another object from outside the system interacts with the system, the wave function collapses.

This object does not have to be a conscious observer, it could just be a single photon of light, or an electron, an atom, a molecule, or any other object (including a conscious observer - it just does not have to be).

There is a logical fallacy that describes this exact faulty reasoning. It is called: Equivocation

Consciousness (as many scientists have come to agree on), may indeed have a quantum explanation.

Yes, it may or it may not have a quantum origin, but hat would not actually count as a validation of these ideas.

A computer chip is made of silicone, and so is glass. Does that mean that they must share the same properties.

Can I just plug a piece of glass into the chip socket of my computer and it will work?

No. Although they share some properties, it does not mean that they share all properties. This is a logical fallacy called: Composition

....It appears there are those that believe that we can actually create our experiences, in every detail. Any thoughts?

It's all so uncertain. :D

We can create our own experiences, our own reality. It's called delusion. :D

Seriously, positive thoughts and meditation can be useful in our perceptions. No need to drag rubbish into it.

What people who are talking about quantum consciousness have done is the equivalent of someone saying: I like ice cream, and then concluding that the person thinks they are similar to ice cream because the word "like" cna be used to mean"Similar".

Great analogy. I think I'll use it. Well, maybe I'll replace ice cream with big butts. :D

• 6 years later...