SFN Blogs Opened

Cap'n Refsmmat

• 2 weeks later...

I like to think of blogs as places where you can write your thoughts about your life or other subjects, that allows you to share these thoughts with anyone who might be interested. I don't have any grand ideas of a huge faithful readership; I'm just glad for a place to record my thoughts, and if I manage to entertain or interest a few other people with them, then it's an added bonus.

I'm having trouble changing my blog style. Every time I try to navigate around the site admin area to edit things, I keep running into empty pages that say "### Internal Server Error." Am I doing something wrong?

I'm having trouble changing my blog style. Every time I try to navigate around the site admin area to edit things, I keep running into empty pages that say "### Internal Server Error." Am I doing something wrong?

I doubt it. If that's still happening (it may have been happening yesterday, but I made a settings change last night that I hope fixed things) I'll have to look through the error logs to find the issue. I had no problem making a post last night.

I just have two quick questions:

1. Can I change the blog name after I make it?

You can change the name (e.g. "Cap'n Refsmmat's Blog of Doom") but not the URL (e.g. "blogs.scienceforums.net/capn").

2. Is there any specific reason of why I have to wait 11 more days?

I'm not complaining, just wondering.

thanks

The time delay is a deterrent to keep spammers from using the blogs and to limit blogs to quality members. I may lower it to under a month sometime. We'll see if there are any problems and work from there.

I hope I'm not asking an indecent question, but in about an hour and a half, I'll have 10 days till I can start a blog, and I've recently read some good science books, and watched some good science fiction movies, and if it were possible, could I start the blog a little sooner while the ideas are still fresh in my head?

I hope I'm not asking an indecent question, but in about an hour and a half, I'll have 10 days till I can start a blog, and I've recently read some good science books, and watched some good science fiction movies, and if it were possible, could I start the blog a little sooner while the ideas are still fresh in my head?

You can start writing the ideas down now and copy/paste them later.

Anybody experiencing those 500 errors on their blogs now?

seems to be good. Actually, I'm not getting those weird cache problems either (you know the ones ctr F5 are supposed to clear).

Everything seems to be functioning smoothly. w00t.