Message Board Addiction

ku

people trying to find people who share common views and/or can actually hold intellegent conversations on a subject for which said fourm is made for...

One who feels socially outcast is especially attracted to fourms of other social outcasts, becuase people on the fourm actually understand them.

Just some guesses...

As for being addicted... I can stop whenever I want... I just don't want to ;)

It's real. It compromises a person's life and makes him socially and financially dysfunctional. Don't ask me how I know.

Internet has done the complete opposite to me. Im 14 years old, We got a desktop computer about a year ago (we had a old packard bell running win 95 but it wanst even usuable) and ever since then ive loved the intenret. Im sure i usualy spend a few hours a day on the computer. Its caused me to learn to manage my finances. Of course this was caused by buying and selling stuff on ebay. Its caused me to open my own checking account. Ive learned alot. It boosted my interest in science like crazy. ive also learned alot about computers since we got that computer, and now I even saved up during summer and bought my own laptop. One thing I especialy like the internet for is the ability it gives me to communicate with people. Ive made a friend in washington! Its also allowed me to communicate with my local friends.

Hehe, my bad.

People like to communicate with other people. Weather it be real - life face to face, or over an internet site. Communication is communication.
I like talking to an actual person. People dont seem interesting online. There has to body language and stuff going on. Only so much of comunication is in actual words. The rest of comunication is transmited in voice tone, facial expresions, etc.

I'm even better at debating Creationists in person.

I don`t do it because I`m addicted, I get paid cheap Cuban cigars for this at X-Mass, and the occasional basket of Brazillian Brocolli from Sayo :P

but i hear sayo karate chops the brocolli before he sends it.