Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TrevorC

Recommendations for biology books

8 posts in this topic

Hello everyone, i am really interested in biology and i would be happy if you could recommend any good books for me to read. I want to say that i am still a highschool student so as you can imagine my knowledge on the topic is very limited. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello,

I am interested in genom, and savants specially. To advance my own body is my practical daily research.

Avoid Boring People: Lessons from a Life in Science, James Dewey Watson

He is a genetist, best known as one of the co-discoverers of the structure of DNA in 1953 and was awarded Nobel Prize for it.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Evgenia said:

Hello,

I am interested in genom, and savants specially. To advance my own body is my practical daily research.

Avoid Boring People: Lessons from a Life in Science, James Dewey Watson

He is a genetist, best known as one of the co-discoverers of the structure of DNA in 1953 and was awarded Nobel Prize for it.

Thank you very much, i will check it out!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Actually, he is a biochemist and the book has little biology. Depends on how advanced you are, you may want to take a look at Campbell, Biology. If you are more interested in essays than biology, I can recommend most of Stephen Jay Gould's books (not cutting edge anymore, but very well written), Dawkin's Ancestor's Tale, maybe.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CharonY said:

Actually, he is a biochemist and the book has little biology. Depends on how advanced you are, you may want to take a look at Campbell, Biology. If you are more interested in essays than biology, I can recommend most of Stephen Jay Gould's books (not cutting edge anymore, but very well written), Dawkin's Ancestor's Tale, maybe.

Thank you for the recommendations!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What areas are you interested in? Do you like text books style or general overviews written for a broad audience?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

-The Growth of Biological Thought by Ernst Mayr 

-The Selfish Gene by Richdard Dawkins 

-Population Biology of Plants by John Harper

-Origin of Species by Charles Darwin

-The eighth day of creation by Horaces Judson (Very detail) 

-The Growth of Biological Thought by Ernst Mary

-Silent Spring by Rachel Carson 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, StringJunky said:

What areas are you interested in? Do you like text books style or general overviews written for a broad audience?

Anything you find interestng :) 

13 hours ago, Baron d'Holbach said:

-The Growth of Biological Thought by Ernst Mayr 

-The Selfish Gene by Richdard Dawkins 

-Population Biology of Plants by John Harper

-Origin of Species by Charles Darwin

-The eighth day of creation by Horaces Judson (Very detail) 

-The Growth of Biological Thought by Ernst Mary

-Silent Spring by Rachel Carson 

Thank you very much!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0