Matrix Reloaded

blike

I went to Matrix 2 this weekend and really enjoyed it. The energy level blows away the first one, and the special effects are outstanding.

The idea facing this one is similar to Blike's question on free will. While the fact that NEO is out of the matrix makes him free, if he has a destiny, how free is he?

The writers definitely have a interesting perspective on the possibilities of AI and the resulting cause and efffect world.

I recommend it for pure entertainment purposes considering it is smarter, faster, and most refreshing to not figure the ending of the movie 10 minutes into it.

PS: If you sit through the 8 minutes of credits, they show a 30 second trailer of the third installment to be released in November. :)

Just got back from seeing it myself, and it is absolutely brilliant - the best film I've seen so far in the past couple of years with maybe the exception of the Two Towers. It leaves you with no choice but to drool and hang on for Revolutions. I get the feeling it's going to be quite a long six months waiting :\