Anti-gravity as described by Al Bielek

OpenMind

This scientist disagrees with you, he says you can only travel back to the time when a time machine was built:

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2013/13/130412-iranian-time-machine-time-travel-grandfather-paradox/

(Not the Iranian guy but the one interviewed here)

I've read it. I don't see where he disagrees with me. It's hypothetical talk about "what if a time machine was built"

What is time dilation?

If you are moving relative to someone else, then their clock will appear to be running slower than yours. One result of this is the "Twins Paradox" (not really a paradox, just a surprising result) which shows that if your twin flies off into space and travels really fast for a while then when she comes back she will have aged less than you.

So, for example, if you were to travel to a star that is a hundred light years away and you accelerated at a constant 1g half the way and then decelerated at a constant 1g for the rest of the journey then it would take you about 9 years of your time to get there. people on Earth would see that it took you just over 100 years. After doing a bit of exploring, you get back on board and head back to Earth. More than two centuries have passed but you are only 20 years older. Is that time travel? You decide.

This scientist disagrees with you, he says you can only travel back to the time when a time machine was built:

I have seen this proposed as a possible resolution to the grandfather paradox, but I don't know if it has any theoretical basis.

If you are moving relative to someone else, then their clock will appear to be running slower than yours. One result of this is the "Twins Paradox" (not really a paradox, just a surprising result) which shows that if your twin flies off into space and travels really fast for a while then when she comes back she will have aged less than you.

So, for example, if you were to travel to a star that is a hundred light years away and you accelerated at a constant 1g half the way and then decelerated at a constant 1g for the rest of the journey then it would take you about 9 years of your time to get there. people on Earth would see that it took you just over 100 years. After doing a bit of exploring, you get back on board and head back to Earth. More than two centuries have passed but you are only 20 years older. Is that time travel? You decide.

Yes, I 've heard about that before. What about future human Martians when they go back to earth?

Yes, I 've heard about that before. What about future human Martians when they go back to earth?

Here's something that will be useful to see the scales that Strange is talking about:

http://htwins.net/scale2/

The "human martians" will they wish to come back to earth from mars in Elon Musks spaceship will not experience significant time dilation effects. Thats because Elon Musk's space ship will not be traveling fast enough for the relativistic effects to be observable and secondly even if it was fast enough, Mars is too close to earth, only a few light minutes away.

What?

LoL :P

Edited by koti

Negative energy is simply an 'accounting' trick.

The proper term is exotic matter.

Consider two virtual particles on the edge of an event horizon. One of the pair escapes to infinity and becomes real, the other is 'captured by the BH. The mass-energy debt of these virtual particles must be re-paid, and so the captured particle, even though captured by the BH, actually causes it to lose mass-energy.

It is termed exotic matter and can be considered to have negative energy so that the books balance.

I don't know how one would ever 'harvest' exotic matter.