Good 'scientific' movies (new and old are welcome)

Insane

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to give an amusing counter example, I showed my wife a couple episode of "Space: 1999" the other night. I hadn't seen them in 30 years but they were just as vapid and laughable as they were when I was ten. Fun stuff to whip out at movie parties, though. I think that show may have possibly had the most dramatic opening credits of any program in the entire history of television. (hehe) :)

Resident Evil is a great movie, Dawn of the Dead too (the re-make), they had science in them din't they? well, maybe a bit,but great to watch none the less. I lovedthe Back to the Future movies, apart from the western one, too much of it was ruied by that Clara woman, falling in love with the Doc'

Resident Evil is a great movie, Dawn of the Dead too (the re-make), they had science in them din't they? well, maybe a bit,but great to watch none the less. I lovedthe Back to the Future movies, apart from the western one, too much of it was ruied by that Clara woman, falling in love with the Doc'

ah man the original dawn of the dead is a spectacular movie. the beginning is one of the best openings in a sci-fi/horror film i've seen.

• 4 years later...

Ok, why the hell is Lake Placid recommended here? What's scientifically correct about it? An oversized croc that swam from across the world to be fed by an old lady with live cows? Let's not talk about how it doesn't eat the fat guy and how it attacks a flying chopper and a stationary boat anchor and how the little cow survives in the end.

Come on...