Split (B) from SPACES: the reality of science

swansont

I do not follow what you are talking about. Do you mean hidden variables in the sense of quantum mechanics or something else?

I am not sure that 'many' is the correct, but yes there has been some vocal people expressing what you have said. Still, it is actually not that many people working on string theory when you look at the whole physics community. What is true though, is right now superstring theory is be best, if not the only, game in town that comes close to a unifying scheme.

The energy excites the fields that corresponds to the particles is a better way to think of it. These excitations correspond to the particles.

Well, you are correct to think that it is naive to think of the proton and neutron to be simply made of three quarks.

I have no idea what 'outside' really means here.Nobody really has a good understanding of the initial singularity and what started the expansion of the Universe

I am sure it was Einstein who bleeted on about " there are no hidden variables ! "

I will have to abstain on " strings " . I once thought it great . Now with going off into ' brains ' and 13 dimensions , I am lost ! I can not cope with it . If it is right . Then I am off to paint Mermaids !

"

The energy excites the fields that corresponds to the particles is a better way to think of it. These excitations correspond to the particles."

Now that sounds more like what I have been trying to say throughout this ' thread' !

Well, you are correct to think that it is naive to think of the proton and neutron to be simply made of three quarks.

Well I thought protons and neutron were made of combinations of Up and down quarks ? May be I am going batty ?

Mike (can't make this multi quote work )

Edited by Mike Smith Cosmos

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now that sounds more like what I have been trying to say throughout this ' thread' !

Really?

Well I thought protons and neutron were made of combinations of Up and down quarks ?

Yes, then they are bound together via the gluon field, so via quantum theory you have virtual gluons in the mix, and indeed other virtual particles. Only very naively can you think of three quarks stuck together.

]

I am sure it was Einstein who bleeted on about " there are no hidden variables ! "

Actually, Einstein was on the opposite side of this argument. he hated that QM relied on probabilities, and claimed that God did not play dice. He also co-authored the paper that objected to Entanglement. It was other scientists who showed Einstein was wrong, and there were no local hidden variables.

So it seems that you're just not familiar with advances in physics, rather than there being some sort of problem. That's easily remedied, in theory — you need to study some physics and get caught up on what research is ongoing.

So it seems that you're just not familiar with advances in physics, rather than there being some sort of problem. That's easily remedied, in theory — you need to study some physics and get caught up on what research is ongoing.

!

Moderator Note

I think that's the best advice for anyone following this thread: study up and come back armed with science knowledge!

Thread closed.