Ages and Occupations?

blike

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Get well rounded Chris. Take lots of Biology, Chemistry, and whole lots of English and engineering courses. 19 units a semester. Then after three years decide on a major. You've got plenty of time. Take advantage of it. Piece of cake.

Go to Mexico during summers and learn Spanish. You don't need much money to live in Mexico.:cool2: Live like a king down there and it's relatively safe compared to some places I've been.

builds character.:cool2:

Just aman

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Hogslayer

I'm 38, and am a professional drag racer, guitarist, long-range pistol competitor and fur trapper.

My hobbies include fighting traffic monday through friday, mainframe programming for an advertising agency, and answering pager calls in the middle of the night.

A scorpion sting ain't so bad. It only hurts really really bad for about two days. Stepping on a sea urchin hurts worse cus you have to cut the spine out of your foot, but thats only in the Gulf.

It builds character.:cool2: :cool2:

Snakes won't bite you if you got character. They just bite you if your a jerk.:loser:

With the people there has to be a mutual respect. Takes character.

I'm just saying don't be a nieve jerk with a phd.:nono:

Be cool with a PHD. :cool2:

Character is as important as education.

Just aman

I absolutely hate scorpions. Vinegarones too. I don't like crawly things but I can deal with them. But scorpions are proof that there is a satan.

Speaking of which, did you know that scorpions glow under a black light? What used to be thought of as a rather limited family has blossomed, and most of them discovered by amateurs simply because of this luminescence. I know there is a term for it but I can't remember it.

When I go hunting I take a black light to check out the stands and such. I also hose everything down with poison, just because it seems real manly to kill that which is harmless yet instills fear.

Another thing I've learned about scorpions, they favor old rotton tree stumps and cactus. I have seen a prickly pear "erupt" with thousands of baby scorpions pour from it.

Nasty creatures.

Guest CelticSkyhawk

Well, I'm 24 years old and working as a supervisor/technical support agent on a hardware support helpdesk for a pharmacy software company. I work entirely too much.

On the rare down time, I enjoy reading, watching movies, and spending time with my fiancee (sp?). She keeps me busy around the house.

I entered college as a psychology major (about 45 - 55% of all students do) and switched in my first year to microbiology. I didn't go back after my first year due to personal problems and now I regret not just getting therapy. I've become bit of an entrepraneur and am working on a few small company ideas.

As per my sig below, I process work units in the attempt to find ET in the SETI@Home project and spend a bit of my time on the website below.

• 3 weeks later...

Sup all,

My name is Jean-Louis van Halderen, I live in 's-Hertogenbosch, Holland. I work in amsterdam for PriceWaterhouseCoopers. I'm the lead developer for Db-System (Notes, Oracle, etc) in my team. My hobbies are Films, computers, astronomy, science and AD&D. I love those things. And I hate the stupidity of people (talking mass here). That's me!

:lame:

Welcome Jvanhalderen.

You'll find some good input here. I'm old but I'm wise. If you have any extra computers. Let em crank SETI. Look for Celticskyhawks posts to find out how. He's sharp too.

Fafalone and Radical E. are great with math and Blike is great with everything. You'll have fun here cus there's a lot of other great people and they tell you straight about your ideas. Don't mind Kennel cus his bark is worse than his bite.

:inf:Just aman :inf:

• 2 weeks later...

Hello....I'm new.....currently I'm a college student and work at a public school as a LAN Administrator. I have done some Sat Comm but mainly work in Network Design and Implimentation. From Florida......back here for school....then probably DC....who knows...:cool:

[edit] oh yeah....I'm 25 [edit end]

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest groszko

Hey Guys and Gals, this is my first post!

I'm 21, and a 4th year undergrad at the University of Illinois, majoring in general chemistry.

I do a lot of reading, a lot of running in preparation for OCS next summer, and collect a lot of hi-fi (I've got a rotel/b&w setup if anyone wants to email and chat!) and water cooled, game and graphics oriented computer equipment.

Outside of my dorm or my homework? I spend a lot of time running and biking, and was an active ski patroller through last season.

How's that for an intro?

Hey everyone, I'm relatively new here... I'm a 15 year old high school sophomore from CT, and I'm really enjoying reading all the posts on this site. I hate being ignorant, and want to soak up as much knowledge as possible...

I'm constantly astounded by how little I know, please feel free to correct me when I'm wrong!

I'm currently taking honors Chemistry as my science course, next year I'll probably take AP Physics. Unfortunately the Physics teachers at my school have been noted for their stupidity and inability to teach... so I may be teaching myself Physics. Won't be the first time, my Biology teacher from last year was quite the idiot.

C'est la vie (that is the extent of my French, by the way, I take Spanish).

I love horseback riding and animals, and I may want to be a vet. Also, I'm very interested in psychology...

Anyway, it's very nice to meet you all :) I'm very happy to be here.

Howdy Katie,

The people here are great for talking to on any level since we all started born into the world ignorant but common sense is greatly appreciated. Most are very patient people and you'll have a lot of fun. See ya on the forum.

Just aman

I am also in Highschool, like Katie, i actually got on for the same reasons as she did... I like to challenge myself in something, high school isn't it for now... i love this site and really enjoy the discussions that take place here. :)

Welcome Ami,

I'm an old fart and wish I had learning tools like this when I was in school. I hope we can be of help and interest cus you get all sorts of opinions here but also a lot of basic facts to help.

See you on the forum.

Just aman