How to cancel out earth gravity.

reverse

Why does anyone think that this is canceling the earth's gravity any more than stairs do?

I think an airplane is a more apt comparison. Both use air pressure.

These devices (originally conceived by noted antigravity crackpot Thomas Townsend Brown) use motion of ionized air to achieve the "lifter" effect. It's the same method that "Ionic Breeze" air purifiers use. Put one in a vacuum and it will stay firmly planted on the ground.

The simplest way to beat gravity is the "bootstrap" method. You need good balance and very strong arms and laces (regular shoe laces will probably break). You lean over so that your center of gravity is directly over your laces and pull straight up. If you pull hard enough (the force must exceed your weight plus the tension on your laces) you will rise and "hover" for a few seconds before falling over. Good balance is the key. Once you leave the ground it is like balancing a pencil on it's point so a couple of seconds is extremely good.

The simplest way to beat gravity is the "bootstrap" method. You need good balance and very strong arms and laces (regular shoe laces will probably break). You lean over so that your center of gravity is directly over your laces and pull straight up. If you pull hard enough (the force must exceed your weight plus the tension on your laces) you will rise and "hover" for a few seconds before falling over. Good balance is the key. Once you leave the ground it is like balancing a pencil on it's point so a couple of seconds is extremely good.

I thought it was to throw yourself at the ground and miss. It helps to be distracted just before the moment of impact. Oh and don't panic, and know where your towel is.

I think an airplane is a more apt comparison. Both use air pressure.

These devices (originally conceived by noted antigravity crackpot Thomas Townsend Brown) use motion of ionized air to achieve the "lifter" effect. It's the same method that "Ionic Breeze" air purifiers use. Put one in a vacuum and it will stay firmly planted on the ground.

Yep. We've discussed the topic before

The reason I'm so interested in this,

is that I saw a really strange variation on this theme working in front of me many years ago.

It was a massive contraption,

far greater in size than the small models shown on the pictures.

I was asked to keep the exact details to myself.

What I don't get is what the patent application is going on about re anti-grav.

What do you think the patent paper is saying about the underlying principle?

I mean, we know how roughly how the air is being shifted,

but what did the author think was happening?

How to cancel out earth gravity.

This looks like it can work' date=' if not for the reasons stated.

Second opinions required.

Ps. I have seen some private experiments on variations on this theme.

http://www.rexresearch.com/gravitor/gravitor.htm

some demos.

http://jnaudin.free.fr/html/liftbldr.htm[/quote']

as do i.

i have a theory but it seems better suited for black holes but i think it could work for planets. e-mail me if your interested.

the pictures are the main thing.

I'm guessing you want something that can fly using this effect.

to make a really cool device, you will be required to understand the concept behind it all.

If you are a really interested beginner, you can start where we started.

Here.

http://www.corrosion-doctors.org/Biographies/GalvaniBio.htm

and even before that look what Thales did with old tree sap here,

http://library.thinkquest.org/6064/history.html

I wont dig up any more links for you because I will be doing you a disservice by not allowing you to fine tune your research skills. :D

as do i.

i have a theory but it seems better suited for black holes but i think it could work for planets. e-mail me if your interested.

I'm really not smart enough to understand that sort of thing.

My appreciation for things goes as far as observing an effect and finding out how the people who stumbled across it got there. :)

We really can't speculate as to whether or not a "gravity shielding" device is possible (or if it is, how to build one) until we have an experimentally verified theory of quantum gravity. When CERN's Large Hadron Collider goes operational in the next few years, it's highly possible we will observe the elusive Higgs Boson, and thus will have some real experimental data on the behavior of the Higgs Boson and Higgs Fields. Not that this data alone will be enough to speculate on the possability of gravity shielding, since string theory seems to be the leading candidate for an explanation of quantum gravity.

Until then, gravity shielding and "antigravity" are science fiction. Anyone contending they have designed or constructed such a device likely does not know what they're talking about. But here are some quick questions to ask about any such device:

Does it work in a vacuum? If not the "antigravity" effects are just air pressure

Is it using electromagnetic fields? If so the explanation is magnetic force, not "gravity shielding" or "antigravity"

We really can't speculate as to whether or not a "gravity shielding" device is possible (or if it is, how to build one) until we have an experimentally verified theory of quantum gravity.

Sure we can. A passive gravity shield would allow you to construct a perpetual motion device. So we can speculate (and really do motre than speculate) that it's not possible.

Read my post in the news forum about Ion Wind. A lifter is an application that uses the Ion Wind theory to keep it aloft.

It is important to note that it is not, I repeat not, a true antigravity device as it does NOT function in a vacuum.

However, as stated in my thread in the news forum, we could possibly make a hybrid spacecraft, using lifter technology. I.e, the spacecraft could be powered up to about 200,000 ft. using lifter technology, and then it could switch to normal solid fuel rocket boosters. We save a LOT of energy that way, and we also have extra fuel to reach higher speeds in space itself.

http://www.blazelabs.com/l-vacuum.asp - proof that it does not work in a vacuum.

Keep in mind though, that Ion thrusters still have a huge potential....modified ion thrusters can work in space. Read this here , it is a slight variant on lifter technology, but it works on space. Again however, it is not an antigravity device.

It is not a device that cancel's OUT Earth's gravity.

I'm guessing you want something that can fly using this effect.

to make a really cool device' date=' you will be required to understand the concept behind it all.

If you are a really interested beginner, you can start where we started.

Here.

http://www.corrosion-doctors.org/Biographies/GalvaniBio.htm

and even before that look what Thales did with old tree sap here,

http://library.thinkquest.org/6064/history.html

This whole thing is based on the assumption that this post was directed towards my query. If this is incorrect, I apologize.

I want to experiment with the effect. In this, I intend to construct one of these "lifters," yes.

As for the concept, I get the idea - the air is charged, and then repelled. The intricate details evade me, as I have yet to find anywhere that explains them.

When I first read the part about being an interesting beginner, I humored your terminology and followed the links. Upon reading the sites that followed, I was interested by the history. However, the concepts themselves are already implanted (firmly, if I do say so myself) in my mind. The only thing that was new to me on either site that had to do with electrical theory was the coulomb, which I have heard of before, but do not know the principle behind. I know it measures electrical charge, but that's it. I may be just in high school, but I am by no means such a beginner - I've conducted (no pun intended) many experiments in the little time that I've had free. In general, I'm looking for material that is specific and focused around the topic, however in-depth it may be. If I don't understand something, I'll ask. I appreciate help, though.

As for doing research, I enjoy it and do it whenever I can. Any links to point me in the right direction during my (little) freetime would be greatly appreciated.

[EDIT: By the way, RedAlert, your link doesn't work. You need to cut off the "why lifters don't work in a vaccum" part.]

no offence intended.

I have no way of telling if you are a clever twelve year old going to put a wire in the electrical outlet in the living room or a industrial electrical engineer just killing time before commissioning a atomic power plant.

What I really wanted to do was cover all the bases.

If you were a youngster, I didn’t want you to simply accept and remember particular formulae or rule; I wanted you to understand it in context.

That would give you the greatest power to bend and twist it to your real world application.

If there was some way I could get you in that room with Thales as he observed the straw sticking to amber or slide you in a chair next to Galvani as he watched those legs twitch...that would be fantastic.

I thought the links would have to do as a second rate substitute.

None taken. I understand completely the issue behind not knowing people's skill levels. I think that it is both the best and worst aspect of the internet world. Best in that it allows people to be accepted for their persons, and not for their ages. Worst in that misunderstanding and situations like this happen. Long story short, I know exactly where you're coming from.