Could tight clothes affect your body fat?

silverghoul1

I'm asking this because I noticed that I have a slab of fat, right over where my belt rests. So could my belt block fat from traveling to my legs (the rest of my stomach is flat), or some other case. If this is the case, how could I fix this slab of fat? Try to burn it off or let it sit to see if it'll naturally spread out

Yes it can. Look at the woman with the smallest waist she wears a corset all the time.

OK, I'm looking. She has a fat backside and chubby calves.

So, it's plain that the fat wasn't prevented from getting to her legs.

That's only to be expected. The fat got there in the bloodstream. if the fact couldn't get there nor would the blood so her legs would die.

So, it's plain that the fat wasn't prevented from getting to her legs.

The corset pushes the fat both up and down. Or in this case above and below the belt. This affects the normal distribution of body fat.

The fat got there in the bloodstream. if the fact couldn't get there nor would the blood so her legs would die.

True of course the fat can still move in the bloodstream. But that is the fat that is actually in the blood. Of course wearing tight clothes also affects blood pressure.

Edited by fiveworlds

The corset pushes the fat both up and down. Or in this case above and below the belt. This affects the normal distribution of body fat.

Did you read what he said ?

"So could my belt block fat from traveling to my legs "

now, since the fat travels in the blood and the blood goes to the legs in spite of a belt or corset, the answer is clear.

No the belt won't stop fat getting to your legs.

So, why did you say it could?

Indeed. Just to reiterate John's point, fat movement is not the issue here. Almost any movement through our body is practically facilitated by our vascular system. So if you are saying fat movement, it is not going to be hindered by clothing.

There is something else however. Storage is predominantly in adipose tissue, i.e. fat cells. Again, movement is not an issue as fat cells also do not move around in your body (just imagine your tissue shifting randomly around). However, I faintly recall a few studies that have found that tensile stress does affect differentiation into adipose cells. I do not recall the extent nor whether normal clothing or posture may affect fat deposition (again, in tissue).