Space Ends

zazzzoom

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but I thought that the universe was ever expanding....something called the redshift I think...

1. All who believe the BB theory believe in the ability of space to expand. Back in the 1980s or so, Rich Gore of National Geographic put it that a particle of space billions of times smaller than the proton of an atom began expanding and has expanded into becoming what we call the universe, including everything that exists. I believe that is essentially what most BBer scientists believe. I don't buy it. Imo, intelligent design creation as per the Bible makes more sense.

2. Redshift theory has it's problems. Not all buy it either. Obstruction of light rays caused by particles, et al, between earth and distant galaxies could be another explanation for redshift. I believe that tired light is implicated in this. Stuff in the horizon makes the red sunset. Imo, there's enough of something between us and distant galaxies to obstruct the path of light rays so as to cause redshift. Redshift advocates say no, but then science has been proven wrong on other stuff and this may be another matter that they will find to be in error also. I'm not qualified to address this scientifically, for sure. I'm just speaking from a logical viewpoint here.

Redshift and expanding space theory implies a beginning of the existence of space. On the other hand, a static unbounded space theory implicates no beginning of space. Imo, the space of the universe is static, unbounded and has eternally existed as such. Into it has been introduced everything else which exists in the universe by one means or another. I believe Jehovah god has been eternally and forever creating, destroying, recreating and managing his universe to suit his purposes and desires.

The No Boundary Proposal means there doesn't

have to be an end to space. It is a seemless whole.

Wrong. God has created only one universe.

There is no multiverse to place the universe in.

Although atheist scientists find they have to!!!

The universe is a one time thing. And all the

meaning that scientists might project out onto

a multiverse really belongs inside us. We

are that meaning.

For Big Bang proponents the universe was created

by a mindless lump.

Intellegent design?

You have to be intellegent to see it!

There is a timeless spaceless place where only spirit

can exist. That is the dimension where the universe

came from.

Stuff in the horizon makes the red sunset. Imo, there's enough of something between us and distant galaxies to obstruct the path of light rays so as to cause redshift. Redshift advocates say no, but then science has been proven wrong on other stuff and this may be another matter that they will find to be in error also. I'm not qualified to address this scientifically, for sure. I'm just speaking from a logical viewpoint here.

The mechanism for sunsets being red is well understood (Rayliegh scattering) and is most definitely not the same thing as either a gravitational or cosmological redshift. Red light from Rayliegh scattering is not a shift in the wavelength of the light, it's the preferential removal by scattering, which is frequency dependent. Redshifts imply just that - a characteristic frequency, e.g. from a known transition, is actually shifted in value.

As this is science, an opinion in this matter carries exactly zero weight.

The mechanism for sunsets being red is well understood (Rayliegh scattering) and is most definitely not the same thing as either a gravitational or cosmological redshift. Red light from Rayliegh scattering is not a shift in the wavelength of the light' date=' it's the preferential removal by scattering, which is frequency dependent. Redshifts imply just that - a characteristic frequency, e.g. from a known transition, is actually shifted in value.

As this is science, an opinion in this matter carries exactly zero weight.[/quote']

I understand that the sunset is different. I was using the sunset as a crude analogy of tired light, but I agree, it's probably a poor analogy. It just seems to be likely that between earth and distant galaxies there must be something obstructing the light between us and them which could redden the light rays. I certainly don't know enough about this to speak with any authority.

• 1 month later...

buzsaw, in the 1980's (circa 1984 I believe) one mr. alan guth published inflation theory and showed that the universe suddenly "winked" into existance over a large volume. and has continued to expand since that time.

if you want god I would go with a god who created the universe at that moment that it "winked" into existance

The No Boundary Proposal means there doesn't

have to be an end to space. It is a seemless whole.

Wrong. God has created only one universe.

There is no multiverse to place the universe in.

Although atheist scientists find they have to!!!

The universe is a one time thing. And all the

meaning that scientists might project out onto

a multiverse really belongs inside us. We

are that meaning.

For Big Bang proponents the universe was created

by a mindless lump.

Intellegent design?

You have to be intellegent to see it!

There is a timeless spaceless place where only spirit

can exist. That is the dimension where the universe

came from.

the universe is all matter energy time and space

most people are matter and energy focused, they like to think the universe is all the stars and planets etc in space

but a much more realistic view is the universe is all the past present and future, now that's the universe

most people are matter and energy focused' date=' they like to think the universe is all the stars and planets etc in space

but a much more realistic view is the universe is all the past present and future, now that's the universe[/quote']

The universe is everything, all energy, all mass, everything, that is the "realistic view".

most people are matter and energy focused' date=' they like to think the universe is all the stars and planets etc in space

but a much more realistic view is the universe is all the past present and future, now that's the universe[/quote']

Nicholas isn't a credible source.

space is not nothing it is space

the world was thought of being infinitly large it was flat and the center of the universe because the sun went around it everyday

space is still mostly considered infinite

but when you find out that it is not infinite then space can take a shape and outside of space there is nothing

space is not nothing it is space

A: no one in this thread said it wasn't

B: by definition empty space is nothing

space is still mostly considered infinite

the universe does in fact appear to be infinite, as evidenced by the picture I linked to (although I couldn't elaborate any more on how that picture shows space is infinite)

but when you find out that it is not infinite then space can take a shape and outside of space there is nothing

when did we find out space is not infinite? so far the universe doesn't seem to have a "shape". If it does have a shape however, then nothing exists outside of it, and you could never reach the outside of it because there is no sign that says "space ends here...don't cross line" so "outside" of the universe does not exist.