how do you deal with the blues ?

fresh

I prefer to listen to the blues.

Can anyone enlighten me what the OP meant? When I searched for "Dealing with the blues" in a popular search engine, I found hits on the 'winter blues', the 'holiday blues', the 'Monday blues', the 'back-to-school-blues' and the 'baby blues'... and that's just within the first 10 hits.

Can anyone enlighten me what the OP meant? When I searched for "Dealing with the blues" in a popular search engine, I found hits on the 'winter blues', the 'holiday blues', the 'Monday blues', the 'back-to-school-blues' and the 'baby blues'... and that's just within the first 10 hits.

I think he means when you get sad or depressed about something.

Personally, I find it extremely useful to write everything down. I've kept a diary since I was 10 and I've always found that writing about the things going on around me and about what I'm feeling clarifies my thoughts and positions on matters extremely well and leads me to be able to reason things out. I take comfort in resolution.

I think he means when you get sad or depressed about something.

Ah, thanks for the clarification!

I feel better by trying to solve any problems I have. Depending whether the situation needs action from my side, I prefer to write down an action plan. But I never send this to anyone. It does not matter whether I am sad or angry, the tone of such a plan is always rather harsh, and I would only make my own situation worse if I'd show that to anyone. Better sleep on it for a night, and if it is still necessary, rewrite it.

If it is an emotional problem, or an issue with a relation with someone else, I want to discuss it with my girlfriend.

And then after that, I want to have a beer and talk about something completely different (preferably in the pub where I can meet (new) people). :)

How big is your aquarium ? what kind of fish do you keep ?

I have several, from 125 down to 2.5, right now all my fish are outside in vats, both because I moved recently and I haven't been able to set up anything in the house and so the cold weather will bring them into breeding condition.

I get the winter blues pretty bad, usually starts about a month or so before the winter solstice and for about two months after. I like to watch star trek and listen to heavy metal music to chase away that sad feeling...

I get the winter blues pretty bad, usually starts about a month or so before the winter solstice and for about two months after. I like to watch star trek and listen to heavy metal music to chase away that sad feeling...

Interesting.

Heavy metal lyrics and performance styles are often associated with masculinity , aggression and machismo.

And those qualities were strongly present in the original Star Trek series.

The same point could be made about the popular classic Hollywood westerns, which I still enjoy watching.

Interesting.

Heavy metal lyrics and performance styles are often associated with masculinity , aggression and machismo.

And those qualities were strongly present in the original Star Trek series.

The same point could be made about the popular classic Hollywood westerns, which I still enjoy watching.

I have practically memorized the script to The Good The Bad and The Ugly... tongue.png