God's love wins the argument!

Moontanman

To be fair, from the description it does not really look like that religion is prime reason, rather that one being a dick and the other one having lack of self control (and too much drugs and booze).

I agree, neither one of them seems to have been exactly hitting on all cylinders...

The moral of this story is less that debating religion leads to murder, and more that teasing someone who is drunk and high on coke about his religion and dead father with a weapon present is very stupid.

His dead father had a weapon present? How would that matter? tongue.png

I agree though, that's a pretty stupid thing to do. Although with how some people can be, he probably could have insulted his friend's thoughts on politics and have had the same result... Just saying...

Now all we need is an atheist who shot his theist friend because he disagreed with the theist... I bet that is gonna be difficult to confirm...

To go a step further would be to show some quantity of wars waged by atheists over religious beliefs comparable to those waged by theists over religious beliefs. I think such an accomplishment would redefine 'herculean'...

Now all we need is an atheist who shot his theist friend because he disagreed with the theist... I bet that is gonna be difficult to confirm...

The best example that comes to mind:

The League of Militant Atheists aided the Soviet government in killing clergy and committed believers.[45] The League also made it a priority to remove religious icons from the homes of believers.[46] Under the slogan, "the Storming of Heaven," the League of Militant Atheists pressed for "resolute action against religious peasants" leading to the mass arrest and exile of many believers, especially village priests. By 1940, "over 100 bishops, tens of thousands of Orthodox clergy, and thousands of monks and lay believers had been killed or had died in Soviet prisons and the Gulag."

League of Militant Atheists -- Activities

As an atheist who frequently reminds religious people about religion's bloody past, I feel like I have to own the above. It really was awful what they did to the clergy in the soviet union. They didn't just kill them... they killed them slow.

Edited by Iggy