Do you wear glasses? (or contacts)

Do you wear glasses?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Do you wear glasses?

• Yes - always (when im awake!)
    • Yes - but only when reading, or only when looking long distances (not permamently needed)
    • No

I've been wearing glasses for a very long time.

I wear them all the time, much too nearsighted to see or read anything without them. So, I only take them when I need to, or when I have my picture taken - I must have been wearing glasses for longer than than thought after the most unique experience when my own parents didnt recognize me in the pictures I sent them :P

*sigh*

mmm... which way should I vote. I have very wierd eyes. My left eye is nearsighted, but my right eye is farsighted with an astigmatism.

Until recently it never bothered me, becasue they balanced each other out...but the optometrist wanted me to wear glasses to avoid straining my eyes. So technically I should were them all the time, but I only wore them in school.

Unfortunatly, I lost them in the locker room a couple of months ago. I think the gym teacher found them but I'm too afraid to ask if he did. The guy is huge and very intimidating.

Anyway...what should I vote???

I've been wearing glasses since I was in 7th grade. The first pair I had were emerald green harliquins - I bet y'all don't even know what they look like. I've tried contacts, but I have a lot of astigmatism, so had to have hard ones, could never get used to them. A couple of years ago, I tried the new soft ones, but I still needed glasses for reading and it took me at least 15' to get them out of my eyes. I opted for rimless trifocals instead.

OK I cheated - my avatar doesn't show me wearing my specs.

Try asking the teacher. He won't bite.

If you're too scared' date=' you could write him a note.[/quote']

Yeah...I guess I'll just have to suck it up and do it. Ok...I'll ask him on Friday, when I net have gm class.

Did you check "lost and found" at the office? The gym teacher should have turned them in there.

You're gonna have to stand up to that guy. Do you think he dislikes you because he considers you "geeky". Remember, a lot of coaches (not all, mind you) barely got through school on athletic scholarships. You may intimidate him, because he thinks you are smarter than he is.

I had a similar person for an algebra teacher when I was in high school. He was also a coach, and he didn't understand Algebra well enough to teach it. We wised up to what he was doing. The first thing he did was to give an "A" or "F" quiz on the homework from the night before. If you got the answer to one question wrong, it was 50% and you failed the quiz. There were a couple of math whizzes in the class, and he would have one of them put the problems on the board and explain how he got the right answer.

At the end of the first semester, 20 kids out of 30 failed the class. We got together and went to the administration and complained and got him fired. Turns out he was unqualified to teach the subject, but had managed to land the job and was hiding out in the school because his number had come up for Viet Nam. If he had been up front with us, rather than arrogant about his ignorance, he would have fared a lot better.

HOW some folks can equate visual aids with being somewhat LESS THAN "normal" is beyond me!

perhaps some may think the same of those with hearing or walking aids?

Perhaps they themselves consider that they`ll never need them?

My "Humanity" side hopes that`s the case for them (I wish no-one any harm). BUT....

Life is like a big Slow Wheel turning, and what goes around, comes around, and no-one can stop it!