Help on car

Moontanman

I'm working on my Honda Element, and when i was fixing the window on the passenger side door the linkage from the indoor latch came off. Now I can't find where it attaches to the door latch internally. I can hook it to the internal door handle but I see no possible place for the linkage to hook to the internal door latch mechanism. Here is what I am working with... part 13/30, where it attaches to the door internal door latch handle 22/32 and 10/27 is obvious and easy but the internal attachment eludes me...

13s0401_b5310.png

This diagram is singularly unhelpful in figuring out where it attaches. it must transfer a side to side motion to an up and down motion but there is no obvious attachment point, I have been working on it all day to no avail...

Oh yeah, where it attaches cannot be seen, it can only be touched...

Edited by Moontanman

That looks hard to get at. I hope you can get that clip (yellow) on there. It has to be on that tab of the latch when you put the bar end in the tabs hole. I always drop the stupid thing. The clip has to rotate to latch the bar in place. 50/50 chance of getting it in the right orientation the first time. If you don't see the tab it may have flipped down where you can't see it. That is the manual lever, That 5/24 part with the wire is the electric solinoid unit, I don't see a conection point their but it could be in either of the two places. arc

post-88603-0-89713000-1371332773_thumb.png

Edited by arc

Coincide with arc's suggestion about the location it hooks up to.

With the door upholstery removed, place a strong light inside the door and use a mirror to see the mechanism. Murphy told me the nylon clip 17 34 for the rod tip may have fallen inside to the most inaccessible crevice.

All efforts exhausted, the other door may provide a sample for reassembly location. Sometimes, there is visual access by removing the external door handle first, which means you will end with two rods dislodged evil.gif

Whenever you become an expert on the task, you are welcome to do it in my LandRover... twice.

I'm working on my Honda Element, and when i was fixing the window on the passenger side door the linkage from the indoor latch came off. Now I can't find where it attaches to the door latch internally. I can hook it to the internal door handle but I see no possible place for the linkage to hook to the internal door latch mechanism. Here is what I am working with... part 13/30, where it attaches to the door internal door latch handle 22/32 and 10/27 is obvious and easy but the internal attachment eludes me...

13s0401_b5310.png

This diagram is singularly unhelpful in figuring out where it attaches. it must transfer a side to side motion to an up and down motion but there is no obvious attachment point, I have been working on it all day to no avail...

Oh yeah, where it attaches cannot be seen, it can only be touched...

Here's a crazy thought. That smaller electric assembly # 25, could it be a switch that is installed on the inside door latch when the car is equipped with electric locks. When assembly 5/24 is installed the bar is removed from the manual mechanism and is left with no use and no place to go at the electric lock mechanism, but the other end is still connected to the inside door latch. When a malfunction occurs in the switch assembly a unsuspecting repair attempt would be mislead by the errant rod end. You slowly go insane looking for the attachment point that doesn't exist. Diabolical!